Voting Cycle #3: Roundup

It seems a bit quick to start a new round straight after the last round ended. I would like to see at least a minimum of a 2 week break between rounds, currently it gives no breather to review or provide feedback to draft proposals, most delegates will be focusing on the active voting round proposals.

Another thing I would like to point out, there are some delegates that are purposely voting NO for their competitors or friends competitors, I think there needs to be a mandate in place to prevent this. I find it very disrespectful to the projects and highly unprofessional from these delegates! These individuals are working against the Optimism mission and in the previous round some had their own proposals, this behaviour actually swayed a couple of proposals from majority yes to majority no which was unfair on those proposal.

Also after reviewing 17 projects from the last round and reading the comments from delegates I have noticed some are basing their decisions off of presuming without asking the proposal team questions and some are actually commenting false statements on proposals. I have seen a couple of projects defunct the information in some comments, yet some delegates ignore it for what reason I have no clue!

There needs to be a committee in place to enforce rules to ensure delegates are kept to standards so we don’t see more of this behaviour. As also suggested on this proposal and some examples of the issues mentioned above [READY] [GF: Phase 1 Cycle 3 Proposal] Infinity Wallet - #70 by fewol, there are other proposals with the same issue.

The other issue is that there are far to many projects applying and its only going to grow, leading to even more of these issues, projects need to be short listed.

11 Likes