Season 6 Nominations: Grants Council

Hello members of the Optimism Collective. I am convinced that you could benefit from fresh blood, and my experience in the blockchain space and activity in various fields of this segment can certainly be useful for the role I am applying for. I would like to point out that I have an economic education and have been professionally involved in evaluating investment projects, creating business plans, analyzing them, valuing enterprises, valuing projects, as well as valuing blockchain projects for several years. I graduated in this field from the most renowned economic university in Poland. Additionally, I am a member of the Blockchain Experts Association. I have been active in this space since 2019. My first significant involvement was in DeFi, where I tested many projects and protocols that I used. You can certainly evaluate this by examining the activity of my wallet, which is indicated in my profile.

Additionally, I have been a speaker at many international conferences, including NFT NYC 2023, NFT London, Web3 Berlin, and several others. I am certainly one of the more recognizable figures on the Polish crypto scene. I must note that I also invest in early-stage projects, which is why I believe my knowledge and skills in analyzing these projects can be a significant asset for the role I am applying for. Furthermore, I must mention that I tend to be quite critical and meticulously analyze the business assumptions of projects. Given that I have been valuing enterprises for several years, I pay close attention to the business model assumptions and the potential for generating future cash flows from a given project. Therefore, I believe this skill will be a significant advantage compared to other candidates.

1. Council sub-committee:
    Optimism Mission Reviewer

2. If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:
    https://vote.optimism.io/delegates/swaczyna.eth

3. If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0,00%

4. you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: 0%

5. Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: none

6. Do you have a technical background?:
    In the context of my technical experience, I graduated in IT. Moreover, both during my studies and after, I created econometric models and studied economic phenomena using various types of software. Therefore, my strong suit is the ability to analyze data and design business models.

7. Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role and/or your sub-committee:
    In the context of my non-blockchain activities, for several years I have been responsible for evaluating business projects, creating business models, business plans, and corporate strategies. Additionally, for a few years now, I have been the president of the Economic Institute, which performs expert analyses for court proceedings. This demonstrates my responsibility and diligence in carrying out the tasks entrusted to me. Moreover, having been in the crypto market since 2019, I have utilized many DeFi protocol models, which has helped me understand the tokenomics of various projects, assess their effectiveness, as well as their economic fundamentals.

8. Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective?:

I have been or am a member of several collectives not associated with Optimism. One of them is the NFT Polska Collective, which brings together a community around NFT-related topics. I am one of the main members. Additionally, I have been a member of artistic NFT collectives, where we selected various works for collections that were released to the market. I was also a member of the UniDao community, which brought together experts from various fields to support blockchain technology initiatives in Poland. Furthermore, I am a member of the Blockchain Experts Association in Poland, which is currently creating its own DAO and will operate in this form in the coming years. Besides strictly DAO organizations, I have also participated in numerous votes on project proposals related to the tokens I hold in my wallet. These were often projects from the Cosmos, Ethereum, and Arbitrum ecosystems.

1. Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
    In the context of my contribution to the development of the Optimism blockchain, I would like to note that I have been using it practically since its inception due to my fascination with DeFi solutions. From the very beginning, I have also held a portion of the Airdrop that I received as part of the initial campaign that awarded funds. One of the first projects I used, tested, and helped improve was Synthetix. Additionally, within the Optimism ecosystem, I have also been active in projects such as Tarod, Yearn Finance, Compound, Curve, Synapse, Lyra, Bundle, Thales, Alchemix, SushiSwap, and many other smaller ones.

2. Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:
    I believe that in the context of evaluating projects applying for grants, I have extensive experience both in traditional business and in the Web3 space, in terms of evaluating projects objectively as well as for my own investments. Recently, I have invested in projects such as uniquely.io and cookie3. Additionally, I would like to point out that my economic experience, assessment of business model assumptions, verification of these assumptions, and the rationality of adopted values in the context of forecasts will be an essential and reliable verifier of what projects will include in their grant proposals.

3. What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 6 Intents?:

• RWA/DePIN,
• gaming and social
• DeFi

1. Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: none

2. Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual: I understand, yes

3. Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6: I understand, yes

4. Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations :Yes, I do verify that I will be able to commit ~ 20 hours / week