Season 6 Nominations: Grants Council

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

Gm gm :slight_smile:
I’ve been following the great work of the Milestones and Metrics committee and would be excited to contribute to the effort to continue streamlining the processes and support the generation of documented best practices that other chains in the Superchain can build on top off.

Council sub-committee:

• Milestones & Metrics Reviewer

In Season 6, per the approved Grants Council operating budget, there will be 18 spots in the council - 12 reviewers, 3 Milestones and Metrics subcommittee members, 2 Audits reviewers and the Grants Council Lead. The Lead was already elected via the operating budget passing, so there are 17 spots remaining to be elected.

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:
LauNaMu delegate profile

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

• 0.05%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:
CuriaHub

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:
Voting history Token House
Citizens House Voting History

Do you have a technical background?:
I’m not a developer but have a good understanding of the tech based on my previous work as a Tech Product Manager.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role and/or your sub-committee:

I have over 5 years of experience in Tech startups and Consulting streamlining and optimism operational processes based on the design, implementation and correct definition of KPIs, their measurement, evaluation and iteration. This work to the standardization of data-driven improvements and workflows. I believe this will prove to be very valuable as the Subcommittee continues to drive streamlining of efforts within the Grants Council and for Grantees.

Over the last months I’ve been working with multiple ecosystems in the web3 space to review and and advice on the improvement of their Grants Programs to improve the efficiency of the allocation of funds. This has enabled me to see from a Grant Operator perspective a diverse set of challenges to be overcome when tracking the performance of grants and the pitfalls grantees have when defining clear and achievable milestones.

Additionally, I’ve served as a Grant Reviewer for the Octant and Arbitrum ecosystems and through this I’ve been exposed to multiple types of grants to be reviewed and evaluated.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:
N/A

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• Badgeholder RetroPGF3:
    • Created the Impact Evaluation Framework and Metrics Garden leveraged by Badgeholders and other Community members during RetroPGF3 and GG20.
    • Held 5+ workshops to onboard Badgeholders into the RetroPGF3 overall process and the evaluation process. This workshops and support to Badgeholders led to the creation of at least 7 different Lists used in RetroPGF3.
    • Have organized 3 IRL events (Devconnect, EthDenver, FtC Berkeley) for Citizens House members to connect and to provide feedback into tools that were being explored, and are now being used or have been released, for upcoming RetroRounds.
  • Member of the Citizens House Feedback Commission
    • Have provided feedback on the design and process for the platform for RetroPGF4 and communication prior to the round.
  • Developed and scoped three of the Mission Requests approved to be completed in Season 5.
  • Optimism Translator

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

1. The Application must demonstrate a clear understanding of the problem defined in the Mission and why the proposed solution is a good fit to solve for this problem. It’s important that the logic being followed to go from problem to solution is clear and sound.
  2. The solution proposed in the application must demonstrate a clear logic on how it be developed (clear steps that will be followed with KPIs and milestones that lead to the final outcome) and why this steps are needed.
  3. Clear explanation on why this team is a good fit to develop this solution, whether it is previous work or in depth knowledge of the solution/problem space.
  4. Clear KPIs on what success will look like for this Application. Not just the metrics to measure the KPIs but the actual numbers under which it would be considered successful.
  5. Narrow, clear, and publicly verifiable Milestones.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 6 Intents?:
For Intent 1
We need to understand how we can make delegating tokens easier and what the interests are for those that have tokens to delegate: what’s their profile, where can we reach them to get them to delegate, etc.
Hence why I would focus on a two pronged approach:

1. Research
  • Develop research that identifies Token Holder personas and define what their characteristics are so we can motivate their participation in governance through delegation of tokens.
  1. Tooling:
    Examples:
  • Creating a Farcaster frame template that Delegates can use to ask to increase their delegation (people should be able to delegate directly on the frame)

For Intent 3
We need to understand hollistically what a developer needs to come and build in the superchain beyond money.

• Build proper and more comprehensive infrastructure to make being a developer in the Superchain attractive:
  • Non financial resources: documentation, support, marketing.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: N/A
Any new conflicts of interest that arise will be communicated in time.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual : Yes, I understand.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6: Yes, I understand.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes, I am able to commit to this.

2 Likes