Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

Developer Advisory Board Self-Nomination Template

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile: N/A (I am not a delegate)

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A (see the above)

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: N/A (see the above)

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: N/A (see the above)

Are you a representative of OP Labs: I am not a representative of OP Labs.

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:

My technical background is in smart contract development & security, specializing in architecting & developing efficient and robust smart contract systems. I have worked extensively as a security researcher working with security firms such as Spearbit as an SR and independently participating in some competitive “audits” (on Code4Rena).

These days I mainly focus on the development side of smart contracts, working with very low-level code (assembly, huff), developing dev tooling and creating educational content for other devs on social media.

You can find more on my github and twitter.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

As described above I have extensive experience as a security researcher (aka “Auditor”) at Quantstamp as a senior security researcher and Spearbit as an SR. I believe that a lot of the experience being a security researcher translates well to this role as the job of an auditor, is quite similar: to review and evaluate projects on their technical merit the main difference being the criteria you use to evaluate projects.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:

I’ve served as a DAB member in Season 5.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

I do not have direct contributions to the ecosystem beyond my development of not directly related public goods and the aforementioned participation as a DAB member in the previous season.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

It should be a concise description of the application’s intent. The application should explain its reasoning for why it serves Optimism’s goals and how it plans to reach them. It should avoid fluff, and hand-wavy language and overall be clear how, why and what the application aims to achieve.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:

Based on the target audience I break down the technical topics I’m explaining into analogies and bridging concepts. You can find examples of my technical writing inmy blog or in threads (example 1, example 2).

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: I do not anticipate any conflicts of interest.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual:

I understand I may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles?

I’d like to continue to be a “normal” board member and not have an extended role as I feel that the more restricted set of responsibilities better fits the time commitment I’m able to accomodate.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

I understand and have already completed KYC for the previous season.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations:

Yes I’m able to commit 20h / month to Board operations.

5 Likes