Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:

I am not a delegate.

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

N/A

Are you a representative of OP Labs:

I am not a representative of OP Labs.

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:

My primary expertise is in smart contract engineering and the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). Notable open source contributions include the following.

Formal employment experience includes the following.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

Aside from experience with the EVM, I am proficient with a wide variety of programming languages, have extensively studied fields of computer science and mathematics relevant to front-end compiler design, have experience in web and mobile development, and regularly write technical content relating to abstract algebra, smart contract execution environments, and type theory (omitting self-plug, but happy to link if requested).

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective?

I have not.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

Aside from open source contributions in the broader Optimism and Ethereum space, I have not contributed to Optimism directly; the Developer Advisory Board position, if elected, will mark the start of direct contributions to the Optimism ecosystem.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

A good mission application should be reasonably concise, provide relevant context, and clearly state the scope and specification of the project. Contribution to the specified intent is a necessity, but other desirable features include reasonable simplicity, manageable timelines, and concrete milestones.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:

Experience in breaking down complex topics to a nontechnical audience comes from my blog posts and long form posts on social media as well as my developer relations position at Superfluid, generally speaking with new and learning developers.

To demonstrate, my strategy in breaking down complex topics is broadly akin to the following:

1. Decide the scope of assumed knowledge, make this explicit in the introduction.
  2. Any prerequisite, but not assumed, knowledge is described before its application.
  3. Any acronyms, abbreviations, or jargon terms are explained once on its first use.
    a. Any aliases or variants are explicitly listed at the definition.
    b. All further use of the terms in the article must match the listed words and aliases exactly.
  4. Abstract concepts should include explicit, simple, unambiguous examples with a clear intuitive progression toward the abstract structures.
  5. Use reasonable terminology with the intent to convey meaning rather than demonstrate prowess.
  6. Context Context Context.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

There are no conflicts of interest, nor do I anticipate any; though in the event of a conflict of interest, I commit to disclosing it as soon as possible when it is realized.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual :

I understand I may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles?

I am not.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

I understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations:

I am able to commit at least 20 hours per month to Board operations.

5 Likes