RetroPGF Round 3 Feedback Thread

I love the idea of having only badgeholders vote for eligible projects, as this greatly solves the potential problem of Sybil attacks. However, my suggestion, based on my mistake in this round, would be to increase the criteria to get on a RetroPGF list. Thereafter, all approved projects can be eligible based on the median of voted funds.

Example:

If 10 million OP is allocated for a particular round, 10% (1 million OP) should automatically be distributed among all enlisted projects. The other 90% should then be distributed based on votes by badgeholders

The rationale behind this suggestion is based on my personal experience. It was last night that I found out that we need at least 17 votes for our application to be approved. We have 5 votes so far, and it will be heartbreaking if we don’t meet the quorum. There are also a number of lesser-known projects making meaningful, actionable impacts, like what we are doing at Admiano, that still have few votes. At the same time, there are some projects in this round that shouldn’t have made the cut.

A base (suggested 10%) allocation distributed among all eligible projects while raising the barrier to entry will, in my opinion, make for a more successful RetroPGF.

I’ll appreciate it if badgeholders take a look at a topic I raised earlier about additional information not included in our original proposal. Admiano - Update On Our Impact Statement It would mean the world for us to reach the Quorum

1 Like