[READY TO VOTE] Building Identity - Driving Adoption of Attestations

Thanks @brichis and other contributors for this proposal. We would love to see more adoption of attestations with incentives properly assigned to good projects.

We are an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and believe this Request is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

The Grants Council has opened early submissions as an Indication of Interest for this mission request here

For your application to be considered, the Mission request must pass the Token House vote on February 14th. Early submissions will not be considered if a Mission Request is not approved on the 14th.

2 Likes

Based on this reply I’m leaning towards approving this proposal. It makes concrete the vision of attestations and where a project like this might fit into that vision. Also, the request budget is fairly low (less than 3%) compared to the budget for the intent.

3 Likes

I am not 100% sure this mission request can accomplish its stated goals by just making attestations’s UX easier.

But trying to use attestations to create an on-chain identify of sorts and experiment with these ideas is not a bad idea for the requested amount of funds so I am going to vote for it (with some reservations).

1 Like

I voted for, as I think this space is very promising, but I’m an unclear if this mission:

• Is a custom mission created just to fund EAS.
  • Is meant to fund a competing protocol to EAS.
  • Or is meant to (or should!) fund useable, impactful apps that are built on top of EAS or an equivalent protocol.
2 Likes

Hey @Axel_T! It’s basically option 3 :slight_smile: thank you for your vote!

1 Like