[READY TO VOTE] Alternative CL/EL Client Mission Request

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

The Developer Advisory Board has reviewed this Delegate Mission Request, and voted on its acceptance or rejection. The vote results are as follows:

ACCEPT: 6 votes
REJECT: 0 votes
ABSTAIN: 0 votes

therefore, the Developer Advisory Board accepts this delegate mission request.

The Developer Advisory Board generally agrees that increased client diversity is beneficial to the Optimism ecosystem. However, given that this proposal specifies that additional clients will be used to create fault prover programs, we believe that it is important for applicants to this grant to specify how their client can be integrated into the Optimism fault prover infrastructure. Specifically it would be useful for applicants to note which VM(s) that their client can compile to, and if that VM has not been implemented yet, a brief feasibility assessment for integrating that VM within Optimismโ€™s infrastructure.

We thank the proposer for putting this together.

2 Likes

I voted for this mission requests as I believe it would be really beneficial to have alternative CL/EL built for the superchain ecosystem.