Hi everyone, I’ve updated the proposal to make distribution clearer for the community. The main thing, that I wanted to say - our main goal is to motivate developers and community members to work together for the mutual benefit of Optimism and DexGuru. We are proposing to spend the whole amount on grants to support developers who use our Public API. The main requirement is full support of the Optimism chain. The distribution will be up to GuruDAO through the general governance process. Dev Sub-DAO will be not responsible for grant distribution or project selection.
This proposal seems unlikely to incentivize usage and liquidity on Optimism, however, this would likely be eligible for retroactive public goods funding when the project adds value to the ecosystem.
Nick here I really like that OP community embraces opinions from nameless airdrop beggars.
Just to clarify a little bit on GuruDAO bootstrap phase:
- no one ever promised you an airdrop or any monetary rewards. It was very clearly stated from the day one: GuruDAO Bootstrap Guide - DexGuru
- no one ever promised you that team will do anything to make airdrop happen including investigating sybil attackers.
- no one ever promised that beggars will be tolerated and welcomed in our community on discord or on social media channels.
If in your imaginable world there is another DAO that magically rewards strangers on the internet, well definitely it isn’t the case.
The 300,000 OP to go to the GuruDao seems like it would not really drive actual adoption or usage of Optimism?
will there be a way to track the distribution of the said token? I assume the fund will be distributed by DAO, will you make this data public ?
Don’t care for this guy’s attitude. Do we need people like this taking the collectives money? I wouldn’t trust them. You can tell by his comments he has a complex. He’s like a mini Do Kwon. Don’t need people like that in the collective.
He calls out beggars, as he begs for money.
i an happy to hear the news that you, DexGuru takes part in op eco.
i supports you
dexguru was a good project but took to long to do things which allowed dextools to take most of the market share
Yeah that attitude is not good. Projects like that should not be supported 4sure
As a long time user, I support this project
Voting will start tomorrow for next batch so i want mention two things here.
Its not clear if the development will only happen for OP chain.
Co-incentive need more clarity.
Hey! Answering your first questions:
Regarding the second question - as for now GuruDAO doesn’t have its token yet. We expect TGE this August / September depending on market conditions. After TGE we will initiate community discussions but the final decision will be up to GuruDAO voting.
I have used DexGuru quite a bit in the past but not recently.
The problem I have with this proposal is the grants are not directly tied to Optimism. I can foresee grantees taking the likely small amount of effort to support Optimism simply to qualify for these incentives while the bulk of the grant’s value (whatever it may be) ends up on another chain.
I’d like to see something tailored more specifically to driving adoption and growth of Optimism so I’ll be voting no.
Im going to have to vote against because the protocol offered incentives aren’t symbiotic. 100% of grants going to the community seems a bit broad as well.
Sorry, against, imho
I have a few questions:
- Is DexGuru opensource?
- I am not sure how the allocation helps optimism. Reading the proposal, you intend to provide 100% of it to your community in the form of grants? How does that help the Optimism ecosystem? Since you are not a DAO yet … who is actually your community and who decides where these tokens would go to?
- As my co-delegates noticed It seems that the $OP will go to projects building on other chains including Optimism. This seems like a mismatch of incentives for us. A proposal more tailored to Optimism would make more sense.
- For co-incentives since you are not a DAO yet and you mentioned you will be one soon would it not make sense to revisit this proposal after you have launched?
Ha! Look who the begger is now!
I share the same thoughts as Solarcurve.
Would be great if they focus only on OP chain.
I will be voting NO, because I cant see how these funds will benefit optimism. I also have to agree with @solarcurve.
As others mentioned above, just building a data providing platform does not necessarily align with Optimism. I’m voting No, but happy to consider a future proposal once post-DAO, with specified co-incentives, and OP incentives are mostly directly used to promote growth on Optimism.