Protocol Delegation Self-Nominations

• Protocol name: ENS
  • Name of protocol representative(s) that will serve as delegate(s): Makoto Inoue
  • Link to delegate commitment 16: Delegate Commitments - #175 by matoken.eth
  • Is your protocol OP Native?: No, We are mainly on Ethereum L1 and planning to integrate with Multi chain
  • Was your protocol active in Optimism governance prior to 12/5/22?:
    • No
  • Why do you want to participate in this program?:
    • ENS shares a similar vision with Optimism in terms of promoting open source software and public goods. We are working closely with the Optimism team on an ENS integration on Optimism. We would like to extend our relationship to participating in Optimism governance.
  • Why do you believe your protocol would be a good steward of the Optimism ecosystem?:
    • My experience building ENS, which is a public good, along with being a member of the ENS Labs team which launched the ENS DAO have given me experience which I hope will add value to Optimism governance and projects building in the Optimism ecosystem.
  • Do you agree to abide by the delegate code of conduct: Yes
  • Please list any anticipated conflicts of interest: I work with different L2 chains for ENS multi chain integration and I would maintain equally close relationships with other chains. If I have to deal with proposals that would cause conflicting impact on competing chains of Optimism, I may choose to abstain to maintain a neutral position.
6 Likes