Pika Protocol RugPull and Optimism Funds

So @optimismFND gave 900k $OP to unverified #delegator’s application with a never created wallet, and @PikaProtocol did #rugpull on.

Developer @EthanDev6 ENS-address never existed, yet in August 2022 Pika Protocol received 900,000 $OP tokens as part of the OptimismDAO’s governance funding program.

So what @optimismFND did about this? Really they never checked dev’s existence, yet gave 900k token?

:page_facing_up: Delegate: Delegate Commitments [OLD] - #186 by ethan0
:pill: Proposal: [GF: Phase 0 Proposal] Pika Protocol
:money_with_wings: OP Rewards: OP Rewards Impact Analysis: Pika Protocol

Yet #PikaProtocol generously explaining their #rug on social media, while protocols v4 trap is still pinned. #L2’s are racing for adoption, but those who do not protect its #userbase will loose in the long run for sure.

We need more @zachxbt alike peoples within protocols, and more transparent protocol approach about those issues. Lectures need to be taken, and announced!

Possible related users:

ps. this was a tweet in first place, don’t want to put more time since I already cannot take my funds from v3 and feeling the rug pain. I really wanted to see a protocol that cares about those issues. You can name me QQ, that’s ok. Just wanted to put my tweet into more visible scene for future conversation.

1 Like

OP rewards we received have been distributed to our users over the past year. All our users can verify this.
https://twitter.com/PikaProtocol/status/1566675088946057216…
https://twitter.com/PikaProtocol/status/1565250782319894528…
The remaining OP are for bounties grants according to the proposal. The team has not taken a single OP out of the rewards.

2 Likes

Developer contacted me and explained the details of the issue, including regarding to v3 and v4 changes of the platform. I want to clarify the followup information, and wish to explain my sorry for being highly vocal about the issue. All my concerns was focused on community, and after many rugpulls I decided to put time to note those things down rather than being silent. Thanks for detailed information.

2 Likes