Optimism University?

I love the idea, and that’s a great way of seeing it. If it can create a memorable onboarding experience or a learning opportunity that brings real value to people, they would have very positive associations with Optimism long-term.

1 Like

Hey-- following up here because am wondering if there have been any developments on OP education? Think it is a fantastic idea, but am interested in execution efforts.

Would agree with prev. comments that lighter lift via YouTube might be good.

Potentially enlisting a group known for work like a “WhiteBoard Crypto” might be a good way to outsource some of this work to a channel that has a pretty established platform and has developed a strong reputation.

2 Likes

We may open a thread to brainstorm ideas to do that: some wiki, special education threads, or Discord channels, …

3 Likes

100%. I’m facing language barriers and I believe that a course would be an easier place to translate texts: divided into topics and with options for different languages

some topics i would like to see

1. blockchain and public goods
  2. optimism
  3. Retroactive funding
  4. Quadratic funding
4 Likes

How about a study group?

2 Likes

That’s an good point @fcarva.eth, I do think this space is very heavily anglocentric still. Would love to see some quality translations to reach even more people :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Definitely a good point – what are some of the bigger global language communities we could target?

First languages that come to mind are: Chinese, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.

1 Like

Agreed… Thailand seems to be an integral part of OP network so don’t leave them out of the equation here.

I have been working really hard to gather a global community and find translation help…
We are using a peer 2 peer educational token rewards protocol called PEERANHA to help educate our international users.

We are also building an educational NFT platform which may help serve as an educational hub for collectors and creators about Optimism. It is going to be focusing on Public Goods and educational content related to OP governance. I’m thinking an attestation station built in related to gov education is also in our plans now after learning about the integration recently.

1 Like

Love this idea may be this is a way to educated people about OP :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There are many similar program around, what can make OPU stand up?

Love this idea. We’d be happy to work on this from our side!
I’m thinking something similar to

Our strength is in the content creation!

1 Like