Optimism Quest Retrospect and Future Direction

Yeah and i dont like airdrop hunters, as im a holder. But it is part of every airdrop unfortunately you’ll always have people hunting the airdrop just to dump them once they recieve them. But to play devils advocate, wouldn’t them doing the quest and using the ecosystem in turn be what the devs wanted, for people to use the ecosystem and explore various parts of it? I have no skin in the game in that regards because i didn’t complete the quests, but one would naturally think that they did in fact use the ecosystem

3 Likes

I have already commented on the importance of surveys. They can provide a huge amount of valuable information from the user’s perspective.

I completely agree with your thoughts, but it’s not an easy task to manage airdrops in a way that promotes genuine users over hunters or sybils. However, I believe that the foundation knows what they are doing and future iterations will compensate real users who completed the quest. Besides airdrops, incentives can also come from being part of a collective that extracts value from the real world and not just from a temporary investment

2 Likes

Totally agree with you.

I think incentive programs like more like a complex organism because various entities and motivations can take part in the incentive programs.

I have already commented on the importance of surveys. They can provide a huge amount of valuable information from the user’s perspective.

So far, compared to Arbitrum or Polygon, Optimism do not have a representative dApp that make Optimism ecosystem distinctive from other Layer 2s. But I am sure there might be some niche markets where Optimism can outpace other competitors.

2 Likes

BTW, I have read your replies throughout the Optimism community and thank you for all the wonderful ideas you’ve shared to the community!

Happy to see your comment in my post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, they did, they used the ecosystem, but the problem is that these users will most likely not participate further in the project and will most likely just dump the tokens.

In case there aren’t that many such users, it won’t cause any damage to Optimism, but if the second drop was as huge as the first one, my opinion is that the token could be at least under $2 now

So my opinion on this is that too many drop hunters could do damage to the ecosystem at least in the price of the token…

As for me, the goal that is set now for Optimism is to improve the ecosystem of both Optimism and Ethereum and for that you need to get regular, long-term users and a strong community that will not fall apart after airdrop

P.S I also did not participate in the quests, unfortunately did not have time
And of course I could be wrong about this, but my opinion is this

2 Likes

I uploaded a proposal on the subject here :slight_smile:

2 Likes