Jack anorak - delegate communication thread

Going to go back and outline previous votes in anticipation of a self-nomination for grants council.

~ Aug 1 votes:

Proposals in this cycle (4) were, as in previous cycles, heavily weighted toward liquidity mining, which at that time seemed well timed to bring a wave of users from other ecosystems. In mid July, activity on OP started to heat up, and the thinking was that good liq mining would have gotten us the ‘Rush’ moment people missed in early June. It was in the aftermath of this (and some of the more egregious proposals) that I started to take a harder line on liquidity mining and suggesting alternatives.

Byte Mason - For. Background aside (and anyone who’s followed knows I have some personal experience in what occurred with Solidly), they laid out a decent case for bringing on Fantom users. Standards for grants at the time were abysmally low, and they more than cleared them. In hindsight, I’d have worked with them to refine the ask, but turning them down was a miss.

xToken Terminal et al - Abstained despite arguing against its passing. I can’t remember why I did instead of voting against.

Beefy Finance - For. I reasoned it was a massive player that promised to add utility to other projects and bring people. It has.

dHedge - Voted For, though the revised proposal later on was stronger.

Rocket Pool - For. The calculus was simple: liquid staking was guaranteed use, and better rates would migrate these core, sticky Eth derivatives over.

Committee Votes
Voted for all committees except DeFi Committee C.

2 Likes