Hedgey RPGF grants final project updates

Final Project Update: Onchain Clarity Co

Tell us about yourself, what you are building, and why you chose to work on it.

• Meet the Team

• As a part of this program, Nick and I started Onchain Clarity Co in an effort to make crypto feel more multiplayer. We feel like the modern day crypto UX is lacking rich contextual information about a user’s identity and social graph, so we did something about it through two projects:

1. GovScore.xyz - A score on Optimism delegates based on their consistency, voting power level, and transparency through ENS
    2. BasedFriends.xyz - A friends list unique to you based on your Farcaster social graph to see who is online and onchain (on Base)

How has the last month been? What did you learn? How has your idea evolved?

• Hard but Satisfying, just prior to the program, I left my previous position as Growth Manager at Layer3 and Nick left his job in Business Consulting. This program acted as a bootcamp for us to develop the skills necessary to launch products end-to-end. We worked and grew immensely through this program
  • I learned many things about product, front-end development, design, and marketing, while Nick learned product and full stack development.
  • We 100% plan to keep building, we’ve been exploring more ideas around DAO governance and look to continue building new products that highlight the features of a decentralized governance

What does the product/idea look like today? Share videos, images, demos, and anything else that helps people see what you are working on.

Tell us about any traction / adoption you’ve had over the last month.

Is your product Optimism/Superchain native and will it continue to be?

• Yes, we built on OP Mainnet and Base and will continue to build on the Superchain

How will your product/idea move the Optimism ecosystem forward?

• GovScore looks to highlight the underrepresented but strong delegate who cares about the Optimism ecosystem by providing token holders with insight as to who the great delegates are and decentralizing the voting power distribution
  • BasedFriends provides a fun look into who is active onchain, allowing you to see what your friends are up to and promoting more Base activity

What’s the big vision of your product/idea beyond what it is today?"

• Onchain Clarity Co looks to continue feverishly building much like we have in month one. Our big vision is creating a suite of many tools like GovScore called The Governors Toolbox, where delegates and token holders can view holistic information about the social layer of the DAO

If you win, how will you use the funding?

• If we win, an initial payout to cover expenses incurred related to the company will be issued and the remaining funding will be distributed in OP via a 5 month stream to Nick and I to continue building Onchain Clarity Co

If you win, what are you focused on over the next three months? What do you want to accomplish?

• Upon release of Agora’s API, want to make the following improvements to GovScore
    • Change the data source and clean up the backend
    • Add a new field to the Transparency Score: .5 points for users having a connected Farcaster Account
    • Add a Star for users who “Vote with Reason”
    • Add a sort for “GovScore”
    • Add a filter for “Votes with Reason”

Share links to any updates, forum posts, tweets, etc. that document your active work over the last month.

Share any links to your website, socials, etc.

7 Likes