Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Grants Council Self-Nomination for Sharp

Council sub-committee:

Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

None

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: -

n/a

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

n/a

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

I created and manage the Optimism Analytics platform which hosts data on multiple aspects of Optimism collective. These include

1. Optimism Grants dashboard.
  2. Optimism Grantee database.
  3. OP Analytics
  4. OP Contribution ideas

I have given a brief introduction here, if you need all the details please check my post

Optimism Grants dashboard.

A single point of reference to get a better understanding of the Grant program numbers. Get information on the total grant awarded, number of grantees, distribution of grants by cycles and more.

Optimism Grantee Database

I traced and analyzed all the grantees for Optimism. This includes more than 400+ Grantees/projects and all the key details that the collective should know about them. Before that, there was no easy way to view the list of Granted projects. Users have additional options to filter grants by season, tags and more.

OP Analytics

Collection of all important links to statistical and analytical resources relating to Optimism. Here you can find a list of major Dune, defillama resources to learn different metrics about Optimism and ecosystem.

OP Contribution ideas

There are various ways to contribute to the OP collective. The best way to explore the possible ways is to check out the OP contribution ideas on GitHub. The repository offers a list of all ideas that the OP collective wants efforts to be made. But GitHub database is not the best user experience and journey. This is why one of the contribution ideas is to have a better UI for the contribution ideas database. We present to you the OP contributions database on the site. The site periodically syncs with Github to match the data. Also allows for advanced filters enabling users to discover ideas easily.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

I am a hobby coder, proficient in data analysis with Python and light FrontEnd dev.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

n/a

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

I analyze Grant Programs, their RFPs, individual grantees and their Milestones.

I have experience of analyzing grant programs of Optimism and Aave.

Project Link Description
Optimism Grant Analytics - Grant3 https://optimism.grant3.co/ Everything about Optimsim Grants and its Grantees
Aave Grant Analytics - Grant3 https://aave.grant3.co/ Everything about Aave Grants
Web3Native https://www.web3native.co/ - Database on Grant programs; - Free of charge support to projects for Grants application

I have mentioned the relevant details about my experience with Optimism grants analysis in the question above. You can learn more about my work on Optimism Grants in my Forum post or visit the site to see my work live in action here - https://optimism.grant3.co/

After gaining experience with Optimism grants analysis, I expanded my research to Aave Grants. Similar to Optimism, I am analyzing the Aave grants program, its grantee details, and more. You can see my Analysis on Aave Grants Program here - https://aave.grant3.co/

Prior to this, I also researched on the Grants in different Web3 ecosystems and protocols. I analyzed all the grant programs and created a database to help projects find the best-suited means of fundraising. Additionally, I also advised projects to apply for grants and helped them fill up the application. Web3Native is also a public good project, I did not take any fee or commission from the projects for consultation. https://www.web3native.co/

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

Milestones and Metrics

I have listed my research and analysis expertise for multiple grant programs in the previous question. But tl;dr I analyzed the metrics for grant programs on Optimism, Aave and plan to do on Ethereum foundation grants next. All this analysis is public good

My work on Optimism Grant metrics

My work on analyzing Aave grants, here is the metrics dashboard

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

A grant should be treated as a one-off support, to help projects boost their development or help the projects incentivise particular user behaviour. Projects selected for Grants should be able to give a clear roadmap and commitment that they remain sustainable and profitable even beyond the Grants. A good governance grant cannot be judged immediately, its success can only be measured as time passes. So the Grant awarded, to any project, should be able to increase the Ecosystem’s users, fees, TVL, developer activity or any other useful metric. But these metrics should continue to be positive even after the awarded fund has been exhausted.

Furthermore, the contribution of the Grantee to the ecosystem should be sustainably positive. Ecosystem resources are always finite, so the Grants programs will not continue indefinitely. So when grant programs stop, the ecosystem projects should still be able to carry forward and bring contribute back to the ecosystem in terms of fees and more metrics.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

Projects that aim at onboarding masses to Web3, aiming at growing the Superchain. Projects that aren’t necessarily looking at onboarding new users through the Existing Ethereum userbase, but target onboarding Web2 users and be their first experience in web3. This will include projects with clear use case, not too complex to operate and easily accessible.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

I actively advise projects seeking grants on Web3Native (Voluntary help, I have never taken a fee or a commission for my advice)

I also collaborate and work closely with Grant consultants and Grant service providers to help them with Grant program management.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 5:

Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:

Yes

4 Likes