Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

1. Council sub-committee: Growth Experiments

2. If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Optimism Agora

3. If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0.06% (at the time of application)

4. If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Karma Link, Voting and Communication History: 23% (I’m just beginning my journey)

5. Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: reference in point 2 - the entire voting history is here.

6. Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
    I’ve been an active member of Optimism for the past year. Since joining the project, I have created dozens of art and merch items for the ecosystem. Inspired by the idea of the project, I continue to bring it to the masses by co-creating products and solutions for the community:

opmerch.store
opgcenter.io

Over the past year., through my work on the project, I have been able to establish business agreements with project partners and become one of the most recognizable artists in the ecosystem.
*I am an ambassador of the project (@op_divergent)

• Optimism CIS - web3 and decentralization, what any progressive community strives for. However, with an ethos like CIS it is important to maintain integrity and a unified direction in the development of ecosystems and projects. That’s why we created OP community, designed to unite more than 200 million people from 9 countries around the world, living all over the globe.
  • OPMerch - I was inspired by the philosophy and global idea of the project to attract more users to the ETH network, by creating a unique solution on L2 for millions of users. Therefore, my team and I decided that the inspiration and creations we make for OP should be able to materialize for every follower.
  • Optimism Gaming Center is the gaming hub of the Optimism ecosystem. Its primary objective is to provide a fun and engaging experience to the community, while also promoting community engagement.
  1. Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate: I have two technical degrees: Mobile Systems Programmer (University) and Radio Engineer (College). I have worked in each of the specialties for several years and have a good understanding of network protocols and problems of centralized solutions for regular users.

2. Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No

9.Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee - all my experiences are described above

1. Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant -
    In general, grants are a source of attracting new users to the ecosystem and maintaining it. New applications, new developers, new users and new services. It allows people to realize their bold ideas and get support from the ecosystem in return for a good project.
    However, I wouldn’t deny promising projects that are already in active development and showing some solutions and impact. (Perhaps such projects need some new direction for grants)

2. What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

• Increasing the ease of user interaction with the ecosystem
  • Increasing the number of games in the ecosystem (Optimism Gaming Center was created for this purpose)
  • Attracting artists and designers to the ecosystem
  • Improving accessibility of grant applications
  1. Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: In the case of grant applications for projects where I am the developer, I abstain from voting. My projects have a team listed everywhere, which makes the process quite open.

2. Please verify that you agree to abide by the: Yes

3. Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes

4. Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yeah, I have the time.

*Unfortunately I can’t post all the necessary links to the projects, but am willing to provide all as needed

6 Likes