Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

It is the past work of the Grant Council that has assured participation from new users like myself. My journey with Optimism started later than many but without these strong foundations, I would not have been a part of this OP Collective. Dropping in my nomination to grow the Collective further.

Chain_L Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee: Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: N/A

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• Contributed detailed deep-dive analysis of grant distribution in NumbaNERDs program.
    1. Perpetual Protocol
    2. Celer Protocol
    3. Via Protocol
    4. Thales
  • Added essential Dune spells of missing DEXs & missing contract creators.
  • Successfully onboarded more members to join the NumbaNERDs program.
    Here’s a link to my numbaNERD profile: https://app.dework.xyz/profile/ChaIn
  • I’ve also advocated passionately for SuperChain adoption, offering support and delivering talks to promote its seamless integration within the ecosystem. I’ve done so by successfully supporting & guiding devs towards sustainable development practices within the ecosystem.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

Yes, I have a strong technical background. I completed a degree in Computer Engineering(a decade ago), and I’ve gained a solid foundation in the field.

For the past two years, I’ve taken on the role of Project Lead across multiple projects. Working closely with different teams, we’ve celebrated some fantastic victories in major competitions allowing us to sustainably test the market fit.

I’ve always had a knack for problem-solving, and my analytical skills make it easy for me to troubleshoot any errors.

I’ve also delved deep into understanding how blockchain architecture works and proactively upskilled myself with Dune spells, SQL, and other technical proficiencies crucial for a blockchain data analyst.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• Thoroughly studied the Optimism Collective’s documents on their vision, governance structure, Token House Mandate, Citizen House Mandate, and OP Stack, providing a deep understanding of the ecosystem.
  • Aspired to join civil services where I studied the constitution & governance of various nations. This has broadened my perspective on the importance of effective governance and its role in shaping communities. TBH relating my previous governance learning with the Optimism structure of governance has a significant influence on my alignment towards Optimism’s future.
  • Actively followed diverse grant processes, gaining valuable insights into the decision-making and importance of milestones.
  • Proficient in using platforms like Charmverse, Agora, Curia, Snapshot, Dune, and Block Explorers, ensuring that I can efficiently navigate and leverage the necessary tools for evaluating milestones and metrics as part of the Milestones and Metrics Sub-Committee.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

In the context of the Milestones and Metrics Sub-Committee, I bring valuable expertise:

• I have been actively involved in the numbaNERD program, which has provided me with practical experience in evaluating grant applications and understanding the importance of setting clear goals.
  • I’ve actively participated in discussions on OP Governance forums and have thoroughly reviewed the previous minutes of meetings (MoMs) from the Growth and Builders Sub-Committee. This has given me a comprehensive understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and how sub-committees function.
  • I am skilled in articulating processes and thoroughly documenting them. This ensures that all aspects related to milestones and metrics are well-defined and transparent, which is crucial in the evaluation process.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

A good Governance Fund grant should closely align with the values and goals of the Optimism Collective, ensuring that it makes a positive impact on the community. It should have clear, achievable goals and provide regular updates on progress in a way that everyone can understand. This not only shows responsibility but also gives a clear plan for how the project will be carried out.

Additionally, it should also think about how the project will continue to benefit the community even after the initial grant period. Finally, a strong grant proposal should recognize potential challenges and have a solid plan to deal with them. This comprehensive approach ensures that a Governance Fund grant will have a lasting and meaningful impact on the Optimism ecosystem.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

I strongly advocate for Mission Requests that bring blockchain closer to real-life solutions. Such Mission Requests have immense potential to make blockchain technology more accessible and applicable in everyday scenarios.

Additionally, I emphasize the importance of Mission Requests that prioritize a human touch in onboarding, especially for new users. Considering the overwhelming amount of information available, it can be intimidating for new users to become a part of the community. We need more Mission Requests that can solve this problem.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:
Contributor at numbaNERDs.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 2: I agree

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes, I understand that.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes, I’ll be able to commit the required hours.

3 Likes