Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Council sub-committee: Builders

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Commitments [OLD] - #147 by kaereste

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 3.44%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Delegates of Optimism DAO

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

https://gov.optimism.io/t/l2beat-delegate-communication-thread/

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

L2BEAT is by definition ingrained in the L2 ecosystem. We’ve been early fans and supporters of Optimism. On our website we present detailed information about Optimism (Optimism – L2BEAT) including project milestones, live TVL and activity tracking. We have created the risk framework for both L2s and Bridges so that first of all we keep the users informed about the risks they’re taking but also we push the protocols (including Optimism) to strive for a better, decentralized, permissionless and trustless future. We are running an Optimism node in a validator mode and we’re actively monitoring if everything is running correctly.

As L2BEAT we hold weekly Optimism Office Hours where we are available to discuss any Optimism Governance related issues, we have had already 12 of these and we will keep doing them weekly. They are every Tuesday at 3pm UTC at meet.google.com/pem-jzrh-gkq. We are also active in both Token House and Citizen House governance calls.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

Yes, I am fluent with code and software architecture. I used to be a developer and sysadmin a long time ago. I also have a UX and product management background. For the last 15 years I’ve been working as a product manager/product owner. I am used to scheduling and planning IT projects and working with the development teams. I’ve been responsible for project delivery in various projects ranging from ecommerce through financial services to AI systems.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

Yes, the Tooling Committee in Season 2 and as a reviewer in Grants Council Builders Sub-committee in Season 3 and 4.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

I have a decent amount of experience with non-crypto grant programs (mainly EU and government funds but also private pre-accelerator programs), both from the perspective of the grant recipient as well as grant operator, I believe this might be useful in this role. No matter if I get elected or not, I’ll be sharing my input on how to facilitate proper grant distribution.

In the Grants Council in the previous Season we have already established a good framework for working with proposers to have the best proposals in our intake. I’ve been active in direct outreach, which has resulted in some very successful applications. In this season I would like to continue this work to establish patterns and procedures that can be followed in future programs.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee:

I’ve been a Grants Council reviewer for past two seasons and I was involved in Tooling Committee before that.

I have lots of experience in working with teams to properly plan and schedule projects. While reviewing the proposals I will be working closely with proposers to make sure their proposals are both realistic and focused on delivering the most value to the Optimism ecosystem. I’ve been already engaging in productive discussions with the proposers in previous seasons, hope to continue this in the upcoming season.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

A good Governance Fund grant is one that:

• provides unique value to the Optimism ecosystem or Optimism Collective, preferably exclusively for Optimism
  • is based on concrete verifiable action plan to provide said value, should not assume that the value will be provided from just the subject of the proposal being delivered. For example if the proeject is supposed to bring more builders to the Optimism ecosystem, then ideally the proposal should describe where will those builders come from and how will proposers make sure to reach out to them and bring them to Optimism (and not assume that they will simply come as soon as the proposers’ project is finished).
  • provides clear commitments within milestones regarding the action plan mentioned above

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

In general, proposals that make use of existing infrastructure in order to bring new builders (esp non-dev builders) to the ecosystem.

In details, I’m still looking for things described in my application for previous season.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

I don’t think there are any existing personal conflicts of interest. If there are any during my tenure, I will immediately reveal them.

As L2BEAT, we are running a research and analytics platform for the L2 ecosystem (https://l2beat.com/) so obviously any competing project could be considered as posing a conflict of interest. However, in all cases, I will work closely with the projects for their best interest and best interest of the Optimism and Ethereum ecosystems.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 5:

Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:

Yes

8 Likes