Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

Council sub-committee:

• Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

• 0.06%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

• Voting Participation Rate: 93% (106/114 total proposals)

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:
I possess skills in both Python & SQL (Dune, Flipside, Snowflake), specifically within the context of blockchain data analysis. However, I don’t have a ‘traditional’ technical background.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:
No, I’ve never served on a Token House Council or committee.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:
I’ve followed OP governance since day one, when I was tasked with assisting with the integration into Messari Governor & remained current with it as part of my job on the Governor team. During this time, I was able to observe the evolution of the Governance Fund, and more recently have become involved with grant tracking and analysis. This analysis began while I was still at Messari, then independently afterwards, and then as a contributor to the NumbNERDs program. The specific areas I have experience in that I believe could be valuable if applied in a Grants Council role are as follows:

• Data extraction/cleaning/reporting: Ability to navigate onchain data via Dune, Flipside, etc. to understand onchain actions by grant recipients. I also have the ability to clean this data and present in a digestible manner.
  • Research
    • DAO/Governance Research
  • Grant/incentive analysis: have done in-depth research and analysis on grant recipients, and what methods have been effective in previous grants.
  • Voted on grants as a delegate (before the grants council)
  • Ability to understand complex topics, and present them in a digestible manner.
  • Process automation: streamlining processes to make the team more efficient.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee:
For the last 6 months, I’ve been diving deep into grant recipients from prior Token House grants (Season 1/2 recipients). My primary goals were to extract insights, capture the lessons learned, and progressively enhance the impact of future grant recipients by providing these resources. As the Grants Council transitions towards a milestone-based approach, I believe my experience with historical grant analysis can add valuable insights to the development of the approach. I’m excited to apply learnings from prior research and analysis to increase transparency within the Collective.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:
A good Governance Fund grant drives growth to the Collective. In this context, growth extends beyond attracting mercenary users, and should drive long-term engagement. This could include increasing governance participants, delegators, users, and more.

Further, a good Governance Fund grant has a plan of action, and is able to be implemented within a short period of receiving the OP funding. For example, if a protocol is proposing to deploy incentives, their distribution methodology and dependencies should be in place prior to the request for funding.

Finally, a good Governance Fund grant is positive-sum. The collective should not be paying for short-term protocol marketing, or short-term incentive programs without proper milestone tracking. The grant should have a clear value proposition that enables the community to determine RoI, and the grant should benefit the Collective as much or more than the underlying distributor.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?
I think the types of mission requests that will help achieve the Season 5 Intents include reputable teams building unique solutions to various issues, given the tools and resources that are available. For example, I’d love to see Mission Requests that take a creative approach towards applying attestations to increase UX.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

• NumbaNERDs (Contributor)
  • Messari (Former Employer)

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct:
Yes, I agree to abide by the code of conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:
Yes, I understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:
Yes, I’m able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations

7 Likes