Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

Please keep your answers as concise as possible while conveying all relevant information.

Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

Experiments

Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here 6)

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: (You may link to your profile on Karma 3, if applicable. If not, you can divide the number of Optimism votes under your Snapshot profile by 87, which is the number of Token House votes through Season 2, and add all possible votes from Agora.)

This is my public hot wallet. I have other alt accounts with 100% voting participation.

https://optimism.karmahq.xyz/profile/eurom.eth#statement

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.)

https://snapshot.org/#/profile/0x110B8b6717C4Da32d86A8D3ef78964d44f9D61F0

My opinions are scattered across social media. Going forward i will populate delegation thread in this forum.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• I conducted a meetup which was attended by 186 High-Networth Individuals (HNI’s) out of which 118 HNI’s bridged live to Optimism mainnet in South Africa. Since, I hail from financial markets with 16+ years of experience, I am able to leverage my network of high volume traders and investors to Optimism. These are first time Optimism users. These traders & investors are still active even in this bear market which is evident from their unique wallet activities. My team created a mini ecosystem for Optimism here at South Africa as well as in India.

• My onchain identity is of sterling quality. Here are the details:-
    1.) Regen score :- 2620
    (https://regenscore.vercel.app/share/0x110B8b6717C4Da32d86A8D3ef78964d44f9D61F0)
    2.) EAS Attestation :-
    (https://optimism.easscan.org/address/0x110B8b6717C4Da32d86A8D3ef78964d44f9D61F0)
    3.) Gitcoin Passport score:- 56

• Multiple praises on “PRAISE BOT” testifies my relentless hardwork for Optimism.

• I have done thousands of transactions along with providing huge liquidity which is verifiable on-chain.

• I have supported the Optimism ecosystem as co-grant donor and have donated to more than 125
    projects building on Optimism ecosystem through OP Co-grant, Gitcoin, Octant and Giveth.

• Active and diligent participation to OP governance through 100% voting till date.

• Spreading the word about Optimism in Investor community and creating interest to explore globally
    through perpetual trading, governance participation and protocol use.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

I was a Senior Grants Reviewer for Polygon for over a year (from scratch to sunsetting). My understanding on technical background with respect to reviewing grants is the knowledge of understanding the entire spectrum of cryptospace. I am not a developer or a coder but I understand the dynamic structure of web3 that helps me in evaluating project’s needs. My reviews were highly valued from ecosystem and business perspectives for impact, leverage and ecosystem growth for public goods as well since I hail from financial markets with 16+ years of experience. I understand Defi at expert level since i am a market maker, arbitrageur, hedger, delta trader and a fund manager.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

Not as of now. But will surely join in coming days.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• I was a Senior Grants Reviewer for Polygon for over a year (from scratch to sunsetting) and had an opportunity to review in total of 1200 proposals (average of 75-90 proposals a month) disbursing cash grants to the tune of >2.5 million $ along with triple the value in non-cash components.
  • Reviewing applications to determine whether they meet the stated criteria for the grants program.
  • Mentoring and hand-holding Junior Grants Reviewers.
  • Understanding the needs of applicants to determine eligibility and need for services.
  • Evaluating each applicant’s proposal against the stated criteria and scoring it accordingly.
  • Reviewing an applicant’s financial records to determine whether they are able to support themselves.
  • Making recommendations to the Dao on which applications should be funded.
  • Communicating with applicants to provide additional information on their applications or to answer questions about the application process.
  • Recommend the range of financial grant that can be provided after careful scrutiny.
  • Recommend the range of non-financial support along with monetary grant (if applicable) that is useful for the grantee and ecosystem.
  • Being a senior grant reviewer and my skills of risk management, risk mitigation, quantum, applicability, impact, sustainability and beyond. These skills worked as a great combination to evaluate projects keeping in mind the goal and purpose. My background being 16+ years as Professional Market Marker, Arbitrageur in stock markets and 8+ years in web3.
  • My expertise of attention to details, risk management, applicability, market reach and sustainability, impact evaluation with minutest details.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

N/A

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

On grant funding specific to web3:- I believe in these 5 principles out of my experience as a Senior Grant Reviewer with Polygon: -

• Evaluating and assessing your grant recipients vulnerabilities during initial stages(MVP).
  • Enumerating short-term commitments (or long-term ones in short segments).
  • Formalisation of a suitably detailed grant arrangement.
  • Recommendations of an intermediary organization for expert services.
  • Realizing the limitations of grant compliance.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

Creation of transparency and accountability for grant recipients and governance participants.

Initiatives to be taken to educate the broader community about Optimism governance and RetroPGF.

Concrete steps to increase the resiliency of core governance infrastructure.

One single portal with enhanced user-friendly interfaces to interact with governance programs.

Promoting and maintaining a welcoming governance community for wider participation.

Steps to educate the understandability of the governance system for new entrants.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

None

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 4:

Yes, I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes, I do understand that KYC will be required to receive Council rewards.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations :

Yes, I will be able to commit 20 hours/week.

31 Likes