[GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Optimism x Afro beat Music

Project name: Optimism x Afro beat Music

Author name and contact info (please provide a reliable point of contact for the project): Wizprinceedache@gmail.com

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes

L2 recipient address: 0x5924dB1DC2ffCeC79255d6f59f615A757878aDFb

Which Voting Cycle are you applying for?: Cycle 10

Which sub-committee should review your proposal? (Builders Grants, Growth Experiment Grants): Growth Experiments Grants

Project description (please explain how your project works): The traditional music industry is not bad, but i wonder why many artists always have issues with their record label at the end of the day, especially in Africa. Well i’m related to thousands of them and I can understand their experiences. Many of them ends up depressed while still in contract, because the label determines when to drop their songs, some are already broke cos they are not making money again & cant be in the street to hustle because of their reputation, many are secretly looking for a way out, this experience is what i can also relate with. Which made me realise, lowkey everyone wanna be independent but doesn’t have the resources

Its time for me to announce to my fans and other celebrities that Optimism collective cares, and wanna make creating of audio NFTs easy for them which they can always build & earn their royalties on OPC and even also make local transactions with Optimism.

This project is driven to introduce Afro beat music to this ecosystem as we all know Afro beat is currently one of the biggest genre of music in the world today, and Africa on the hand have one of the largest web3 market in the world, the objective of this project is to onboard independent artist from Africa into creating Afro beat Music NFTs to be minted on the OPC stores.

Milestone: Onboarding 4000 Afro beat Independent Artist from Africa into this community.

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/edache_wiz

Discord/Discourse/Community: Wiz_prince#7376

Other relevant links (including any demos): Near Anthem by masterminds.mintbase1.near on Mintbase

Additional team member info (please link): Masterminds

https://mobile.twitter.com/mastermind_dao

Please link to any previous projects the team has meaningfully contributed to: [Approved] Near Musical fest x KM28 July 2022 - #4 by wizprince1 - NxM Guild (Near x Music) - NEAR Forum

Relevant usage metrics (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc. Optimism metrics preferred; please link to public sources such as Dune Analytics, etc.): None

Competitors, peers, or similar projects (please link): [INTRODUCTION] : Master Minds DAO - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum

Is/will this project be open sourced?: In the Future

Optimism native?: Yes

Date of deployment/expected deployment on Optimism: 1/27/2023

What is the problem statement this proposal hopes to solve for the Optimism ecosystem?: Optimism have one of the most transparent and structural ecosystem here on web3 and it’s of great importance we plan ahead for the future. Onboarding Afro beat Artist to lit up this ecosystem would be one of the biggest step taken by this ecosystem, because this artist brings global sounds that can provide sustainability to this this ecosystem

Going through top NFTs on Open sea, I hope to see great musical NFTs from this ecosystem becomes global ventures

With experience and creativity here on web3 music success is inevitable, and for the record, am the brain behind the most rated Near Anthem 2022.

How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem?: Other than just creating contents we intend to use individuals that are exclusively talented in their fields to bring the best in them, we live in a world where the most talented minds are the most unprivileged, so our scouting team will be in charge of scouting those exeptional talents that can take this blockchain to a more greater height, look how musically afro beat is taking Nigeria as a country to greater level in the music industry, this is achieved by some set of talented individuals, relating this to Optimism now that’s where This Project comes in. We scout, develop and create.

This artist will produce quality afro beat, to be minted, & promoted all round web 3.

Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Optimism ecosystem?: In the year 2022 Afro beat music brought alot of investors, collaborations and awareness to the Near protocol, gracing them with their most rated Anthem. This year I plan to introduce Afro beat here in this community with bigger and better objectives for the growth of this ecosystem. It has been a dream for me to introduce a life changing musical project and I’m glad for this opportunity to make my dreams com through.

Has your project previously applied for an OP grant?: This is my first proposal, been strategizing our road map since October 2022.

Number of OP tokens requested: 20,000 OP

Did the project apply for or receive OP tokens through the Foundation Partner Fund?: No

If OP tokens were requested from the Foundation Partner Fund, what was the amount?: None

How much will your project match in co-incentives? (not required but recommended, when applicable): Okay

How will the OP tokens be distributed? (please include % allocated to different initiatives such as user rewards/marketing/liquidity mining. Please also include a justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving.)

100% - 20,000 OP

• user onboarding incentives, 5 $OP per user completing onboarding flow inside of OPxM community with a total: 4,000 (!) Musicians across Africa onboarded into Optimism ecosystem until September (2023). we’ll explore other ways to fund operational budget.

• A distribution channel have been shedule on Quest3 to distribute rewards to user incentives.

• We already have an active community on discord and telegram working to engage the onboarded artist to optimism

Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed for each initiative? Shorter timelines are preferable to longer timelines. Shorter timelines (on the order of weeks) allow teams to quickly demonstrate achievement of milestones, better facilitating additional grants via subsequent proposals: It’ll take 2 weeks

We expect the distribution of OP tokens to take place over 8 weeks, to allow time to adjust. This time is needed incase of any necessary adjustments, and to be handled with full transparency, that is why we have flexible timeline of 8 - 9 weeks

Milestone

• 25% grant payout after successfully testing of
    incentivised OP onboarding integration inside of
    Quest3 (so we’ll have enough funds to start the incentivised onboarding campaign)

• 25% grant after successfully onboarding first 1000 talented musicians with $OP incentives

• 25% grant after successfully onboarding 2000 afro beat singers across Africa with $ OP incentives

• 25% grant after successfully onboarding lastly 1000 talented musicians across all globes with $OP incentives

Please clearly define the milestones you expect to achieve in order to receive milestone based installments. Please consider how each milestone relates to incentivizing sustainable usage and liquidity on Optimism. Progress towards each milestone must be trackable:

• 4000 music Artist onboarded to Optimism

• Global content that is capable of becoming a global hit

• To become a stable music NFT distributors hailing from this ecosystem

Why will incentivized users and liquidity on Optimism remain after incentives dry up?: We will become the most sophisticated and curated Web3 music platform managed by this community. We will create a lot of Public Good, value in form of music, metaverse spaces, cypher, collaborations workshops, metaverse events and physical products. We want to make this platform social and a global prospect.

Our last metaverse event was a blast on the metaverse,

We believe that Optimism will continue to be the top Layer-2 scaling solution and more opportunities will be created on Optimism in the future from the establishment of this project.

Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability (smart contracts addresses relevant to the proposal, relevant organizational wallet addresses, etc.): Instagram

Confirm you have read and agree to the Eligibility Restrictions (here): I have read the Eligibility Restrictions and agree to abide by their conditions

3 Likes

I love this idea!!! :rocket::rocket:

1 Like

Currently, there is a prohibition on selling of OP tokens by grantees. While I am open to revisiting this prohibition, while it is still in place, Governance Fund grants can’t be used to offset expenses directly by selling.

I recommend revising the grant application to exclude activities that require direct funding through selling OP.

Furthermore, I recommend ensuring that all sections of the required document is filled out with proper links & additional info, as I see that some sections have been left without links.

1 Like

Agreed. We do need a better way to educate creators or developers on how to structure these proposals. I have been offering assistance for individuals interested in grant application for the past few months now.

1 Like

Agreed, this is an issue I’ve noticed with the proposals I’ve reviewed. This restriction is especially harmful for experimentation and also for non-DeFi projects that lack the ability to do traditional things like liquidity mining and staking rewards and so on.

A more refined restriction would make more sense, rather than a blanket restriction.

2 Likes

Op tokens will not be sold as a means to carry out this project, as I have also carry out projects like this in the past. Instead any funding required by my team will be made through the OP token directly to the target. Any body working on this project must be assured to transact with OP tokens.

-How will the OP tokens be distributed? (please include % allocated to different initiatives such as user rewards/marketing/liquidity mining. Please also include a justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving.): Funding 25 best Afro beat project - $100 each = $2500

Create a web 3 musical DAO here on optimism [ Afro Beat DAO ] - social media management for a month and website creation - $1000

Content creation/YouTube shorts/ bounties - $1000

Total: $4500-

Hey @WizPrince1 I understand you may not have known exactly what the standards are for the distribution of these grant funds. I love your project and we definitely need more web3 creatives who are musicians on Optimism. There are a few things you should take note of when applying for a grant.

First off the format of distribution.
There are no percentages allocated to different initiatives related to user rewards/ marketing/ liquidity which is what is taken into account when reviewing a proposal for a growth experiment grant.

Second there is no justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving.

These grants need a structured time frame with a plan on how the impact compared to profit will be made over that time period. That should be displayed clearly to other delegates here in order to be considered.

-Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed for each initiative? Shorter timelines are preferable to longer timelines. Shorter timelines (on the order of weeks) allow teams to quickly demonstrate achievement of milestones, better facilitating additional grants via subsequent proposals: It’ll take 2 weeks -

This description is very vague and does not describe any sort of achievements or milestones, along with some sort of plan for how exactly the tokens are being distributed.

1 Like

Hey Wiz! These tokens being sent to someone to complete a contribution is (IMO) effectively a sale of the tokens.

I’d recommend changing the proposal to not use the tokens this way. If you’d like to do that, please provide a comment on edits to the original proposal so the grants council can review the changes.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @lavande do you mind giving access to this forum proposal to @WizPrince1 so they have the opportunity to make edits?

3 Likes

Thanks for your response @FractalVisions

How will the OP tokens be distributed? (please include % allocated to different initiatives such as user rewards/marketing/liquidity mining. Please also include a justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving.)

1, 50% will be used for contributors salary payment

This will be used to pay contributors salary all through the project run time.

2, 30% will be distributed into New music streaming dApp that’ll co-exist under the Optimism ecosystem. If any particular type of dApp is preferred, we can work
with the OP governance to further decide what kinds
of apps receive a certain amount of the allocations.

3, 20% of the OP tokens will be allocated to the cost of marketing, operational teams, and community support required to ensure things run smoothly.

No OP will go to paying the core development team or padding a DAO treasury, only to growing the OP ecosystem. OP is known for high value, and all members will receive instructions on governance participation.

The profits generated by our NFT store will go back to the community treasury.

And also secondly.

Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed for each initiative? Shorter timelines are preferable to longer timelines. Shorter timelines (on the order of weeks) allow teams to quickly demonstrate achievement of milestones, better facilitating additional grants via subsequent proposals: It’ll take 2 weeks

We expect the distribution of OP tokens to take place over 8 weeks, to allow time to adjust. This time is needed incase of any necessary adjustments, and to be handled with full transparency, that is why we have flexible timeline of 7 - 8 weeks

Week 1-3 : During the first two weeks of this project we will establish a music guild here on Optimism, operating on discord. And then the third week we will launch the incentive program for new Artist Onboarding hundreds of Web3 music Artist all around the globe. our scout team have been exceptionally well in that too, we will onboard them and open the interactive floor on discord,

Week 4-6 this weeks will be a music production stage, where Artist we’ll be giving platforms to produce a single track each, this track will be 100% creatively unique and we’ll have them minted on the OP store before marketing.

Week 7 & 8 The board selected to distribute the OP tokens received in this grant will evaluate the activity levels of the this project. And finally we will distribute incentives according to activity and prepare a transparency report that will be made public upon completion.

1 Like

Thanks @MattL
Pls note that all necessary edits regarding the OP token distribution and milestone has been corrected and updated in the grant proposal.

1 Like

Hey @WizPrince1 - These expenses are not allowed under the Optimism no-sale rule. Operating expenses / etc will need to be paid by the protocol, and cant be paid with OP tokens.

3 Likes

So what do you suggest @MattL

1 Like

I think building a music streaming dApp with the OP tokens will be a great idea! (IMO)

1 Like

@WizPrince1 please explore options for token distribution that have been used by other NFT projects on OP…

I suggest Quest3 which is free to set up you can also get a checkmark verification for your community…
Then you can do a distribution schedule with some sort of proof of work to verify human identity for the people that are in your Network or part of the Dao. You can also create off chain and on chain requirements tying into the other platforms that you wish at and there are a ton of different options that already exist with Quest3 already.

Another thing I suggest for your project is some sort of integration with GUILD to provide token gating and also keep track of snapshot integration or Dao membership. I see that the OP attestation station also has an integration with guild. We love :heart: guild and have helped as Beta testers for their security protocol which is blockchain agnostic.

There are many integrations with this protocol which is a great Web3 security protocol for different use cases.

Using the OP tokens for reward distribution will help with the activity and membership requirements within your community as well as a social media presence that is driven by the activity of the members who are active!
You can also direct the funds from the quests that are set up directly to the retroactive public goods funding which is something we have done as well!!!

This is a really great way to give back to optimism for creators who’s values align in a similar fashion and we have many different models that vary from this one we have experimented with so if you need any other help brainstorming please let me know I hope these suggestions help you with the revision of your grant and that you can amend it in a way that will get you approval.

If you want to get development funding I suggest taking that out of this grant application…

You can apply for the builders grant but please understand there’s a 12 month token lock so you have to follow through on the distribution of the tokens after that time period with the initial intention of what you have laid out and the proposal…

You can also apply for a grant through the foundation as a new project. Here is a link to the form.

OP LABS

1 Like

If you have any music NFTs that already exist on optimism Network I would love to see about getting them listed on our NFT marketplace once it is ready because we have a really great developer for the user interface who helped build bankless DAO and would love to include some sort of music player. One of our core team members who joined OP delegates @Heartistry is a musician from the UK :uk: as well as the dev team.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!
@FractalVisions @MattL

100% - 20,000 OP

• user onboarding incentives, 5 $OP per user completing onboarding flow inside of OPxM community with a total: 4,000 (!) Musicians across Africa onboarded into Optimism ecosystem until September (2023). we’ll explore other ways to fund operational budget.

• A distribution channel have been shedule on Quest3 to distribute rewards to user incentives.

• We already have an active community on discord and telegram working to engage the onboarded artist to optimism

1 Like

@FractalVisions @MattL

What’s the update on this proposal?

1 Like