[DRAFT] Upgrade Proposal: Bedrock

Bedrock abstracts the proof system from the OP Stack so that a rollup may use either a fault proof or validity proof (e.g., a zk-SNARK) to prove correct execution of inputs on the rollup. This abstraction enables systems like Cannon to be used to prove faults in the system.

This seems the most exciting part to me, am I correct in reading it as meaning that: a) working fraud proofs are not too far away; and b) that when ZK tech is mature enough we can just slot in validity proofs and transition OE into a ZKR if that seems to be the best route forward?! Both of those items would be fantastic news even without the fee reduction and other improvements included.

4 Likes

Cannon is the next step to the ZK tech implementation from my understanding.
I agree this is all very exciting seeing as how both rollup technologies have been praised for their advancement in scaling blockchain on L2 and how Optimism has now implemented and intertwined ZK tech into the network.

3 Likes

Wonderful event.
Much to look forward to in the future

1 Like

I’m excited about Bedrock!

1 Like

Great moment guys! Great results! ith best wishes

1 Like

Very excited to be seeing this. I will echo other delegates who mentioned that seeing some important information outside of the main proposal is a bit weird so it would be better to inclide them in the post directly.

But other than that really happy to see us come to Bedrock.

5 Likes

I’m sure this is just the beginning of something fabulous that will change the way people think about cryptos and the web3 :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

¡Increíble y esperanzador! Espero que todo vaya bien :raised_hands: :metal:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Interesting. We will see this beautiful upgrade.

1 Like

this will be huge,
congrats to the team and thank you for your dedication.

1 Like

They have been quite open about this, however the ZK teams say the overhead to this approach is too great and it’s much better to do a native ZKR.

3 Likes

congratulations, looks like a really big improvement

1 Like

lfg, ops devloping is very fast.

1 Like

Truly groundbreaking and another milestone achieved. Optimism is not just your average layer2 blockchain but a global leader in blockchain technology. It is always innovating for the best in both worlds. I am excited with these new stuffs and updates and I am looking forward for the best in Optimism projects! :red_circle:

1 Like

I have been using Optimism from day 1 (or 2). Reading about the Bedrock upgrade makes me realize the progress you guys have made. I get really excited reading about the modular aspects of the OP Stack. Modularity has proven to be a superior design for Blockchains. Don’t try to do all at once, but create one module, that is best in one area.

What makes me particularly excited is the sharing of base resources when it comes to the conversion of execution clients. This is a great deal that many people might not realize.

For those reasons I will vote in favor of Bedrock :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the optimistic future …

4 Likes

looking forward to this upgrade.

Dropped a tweet on it.

6 Likes

Excited to see what comes with this. Layer 2 season ahead.

1 Like

Bedrock is going to make a big difference to dapp performance on Optimism. Excited to see this release.

1 Like

thats verry prommising for the future of the whole network , i like it alot :slight_smile: Optimism making waves with this new kind of economy in its ecosystem …nobody does this which optimism did so far …

1 Like

I’m excited to be a part of optimism’s massive upgrade. :blush:

1 Like