Project name: Praise
Author name and contact info (please provide a reliable point of contact for the project):
Discord: Justina #9145 / Telegram: JustinaSvi
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes
L2 recipient address: 0xc8d65e1bd67f16522e3117b980e1c9d2caeb9dc3 (generalmagic.eth)
Which Voting Cycle are you applying for?: Cycle 10
Which sub-committee should review your proposal? (Builders Grants, Growth Experiment Grants): Builders Grants
Project description (please explain how your project works): Praise is an open-source comprehensive community intelligence tool. Praise is designed to be a reputation and rewards system in order to help communities create a more engaging online environment.
Praise allows community members to acknowledge each other’s contributions and practice gratitude by “praising” peers. This bottom-up approach values peer recognition, keeping the community engaged and invested while promoting a more positive and productive online community. Praise gives active builders more influence and power within the organization, which is an important consideration in building a strong and sustainable community. The Praise system is user-generated data, trustworthy, and ungameable.
Praise will help not only benefit optimism but the broader web3 ecosystem to acknowledge who is doing what and create different features to use this information which we call community intelligence.
* Reputation token minter, could potentially be integrated for governance
* AI integration to know your community better (Ask me anything)
* 1 click Self-deployment
* Upgrade reports exports and analytics (community health, contributions etc.)
* NFT reputation badge minter
* Praise decentralization by using Ceramic
Discord/Discourse/Community: General Magic
Other relevant links (including any demos): Reward Systems: The Heart of DAOs - Livia Deschermayer
Praise How-to: Quantifying Praise
Additional team member info (please link): Praise is a project built by General Magic with a lot of support from rockstar DAO OGs. @kristoferlund is the project lead with design by @markoprljic, development by @nebsaas, @Vyvy_viM, @mhmdksh and @thegrifft as the product owner. @anamarie_com, @AAbugosh, @ZeptimusQ, and Giveth, Commons Stack and the Token Engineering Commons are all supporting the effort as well.
Relevant usage metrics (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc. Optimism metrics preferred; please link to public sources such as Dune Analytics, etc.): Praise has been trialed and tested in communities such as; the Token Engineering Commons, Commons Stack, Giveth, Gnosis, Shapeshift, BrightID, Dappnode with few more organizations in the process of launching their Praise deployment.
Competitors, peers, or similar projects (please link): https://coordinape.com/
GitHub - sourcecred/sourcecred: a social algorithm for computing cred
Is/will this project be open sourced?: Yes
Optimism native?: No
Date of deployment/expected deployment on Optimism: 5/31/2024
What is the problem statement this proposal hopes to solve for the Optimism ecosystem?: Problem
The problem we are facing today in DAOs are:
* Community engagement, so often we reach out on those Discord servers and if there is not someone with a specific role to answer you, rarely someone outside the core team engages. There is no incentives to someone that knows the answer to reply
* Community intelligence, as an ecosystem we need a comprehensive, transparent and verifiable system for gathering and analyzing data about community contributions and engagement. In Web3 and DAOs, it is often difficult to get a clear picture of who is contributing to the community, what they are contributing, and how their contributions are impacting the community as a whole.
* Reputation system, currently, many DAOs are governed primarily by financial power, which can be suitable for some types of organizations, but may not be the best fit for others. In particular, DAOs that aim to acknowledge expertise and contributions together with financial investment could benefit greatly from implementing a reputation-based governance system.
* Culture of cooperation and gratitude, leading to a lack of motivation and bonding among contributors
* Reward system as it is now relies on token holders’ financial power to govern the organization. This can lead to a lack of incentives for non-token holders to contribute to the organization.
How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem?: Praise is a comprehensive community intelligence, reputation and rewards system designed to help communities create a more engaging online environment.
Praise allows community members to acknowledge each other’s contributions and practice gratitude by praising peers. This bottom-up approach values peer recognition, keeping the community engaged and invested, while promoting a more positive and productive online community. Praise gives active builders more influence and power within the organization, which is an important consideration in building a strong and sustainable community. The Praise system is user-generated data, trustworthy, and un-gameable.
Embracing a gratitude culture and gathering decentralized updates on what is happening is a key resource to keep the community informed and take action on the issues that matter. We are dedicated to providing data-driven insights that help communities make informed decisions and create positive change.
Praise is a working open-source product created by the Commons stack and developed by General Magic and it’s being used in multiple communities such as Token Engineering Commons, Giveth, Gnosis just to name a few.
Besides its communal benefits, communities also:
* Use Praise for insights. Praise creates into how your community functions . Praise provides different types of data analysis and reports. We call it community intelligence.
* Use Praise to reward contributors. Contributors are rewarded based on actual contributions and impact. Praise allows contributors to reward peers for their participation and loyalty with tokens, points, badges, or other virtual rewards. Praise integrates with a variety of token distribution platforms. This system can help organizations create better user experiences, increase user engagement, and foster a more supportive community.
* Use Praise to build a culture of cooperation, giving and gratitude. Praise is a powerful tool that can help build strong communities, foster cooperation, and mutual support among members. By allowing community members to easily give Praise to other peers for their contributions;a positive feedback loop is created that motivates people to continue performing well and contributing to the community.
Praise → Learn → Score → Reward
Next steps, to unlock the full potential of Praise with Our Roadmap for Spring '23! Discover the Exciting New Use Cases That Will Revolutionize the Web3 Ecosystem.
* Use Praise to build reputation scores. Praise provides a transparent and verifiable record of community contributions.Praise has a built-in feature that allows the creation of reputation scores which can be used to reward contributors for their efforts. Reputation could be used as a governance tool, without financial power ensuring builders get to communicate ideas, since reputation can not be sold in the market. This feature is easy to use, even if you don’t have any prior experience with Web3 technologies. Praise will also support more advanced use cases, such as creating POAPs, NFTs or verifiable credentials that can be used to securely store and share information about an individual’s qualifications, achievements, skills, and other attributes.
* Use Praise for insights. The next phase of Praise will incorporate artificial intelligence, allowing it to analyze and share the data it collects with users who initiate a request through the Praise bot. This will provide valuable insights into the community’s activities and the values each individual contributes. A dynamic organizational chart, updated in real-time with every Praise, will be easily accessible. The implementation of AI will be preceded by user research to identify the most important use cases and testing and fine-tuning of the request prompt.
Praise self-deployment in 1 click. Our goal is to make Praise accessible to everyone, not just developers. That’s why we’re proud to announce the latest version, featuring a one-click self-installation process. Make the most of Praise’s open-source capabilities and start experiencing its benefits today with ease and simplicity.
Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Optimism ecosystem?: If Praise is integrated into the Optimism ecosystem, it will increase engagement and productivity within the community by recognizing and rewarding contributions. The implementation of a comprehensive community intelligence, reputation, and rewards system through Praise can also foster a culture of cooperation, gratitude, and growth. Additionally, the integration of AI capabilities and data analysis can provide valuable insights into the community’s activities and help guide decision-making, contributing to the growth of the Optimism ecosystem.
Has your project previously applied for an OP grant?: No
Number of OP tokens requested: 173,000.00 OP
Did the project apply for or receive OP tokens through the Foundation Partner Fund?: No
If OP tokens were requested from the Foundation Partner Fund, what was the amount?: N/A
How much will your project match in co-incentives? (not required but recommended, when applicable): N/A
How will the OP tokens be distributed? (please include % allocated to different initiatives such as user rewards/marketing/liquidity mining. Please also include a justification as to why each of these initiatives align with the problem statement this proposal is solving.): OP Tokens will be used to fund salaries, which will be disbursed monthly.
Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed for each initiative? Shorter timelines are preferable to longer timelines. Shorter timelines (on the order of weeks) allow teams to quickly demonstrate achievement of milestones, better facilitating additional grants via subsequent proposals: Milestone 1–> 4 wks
Milestone 2–> 4 wks
Milestone 3–> 6 wks
Milestone 4–> 3 wks
Milestone 5–> 6 wks
Milestone 6–> 8 wks
Milestone 7–> 8 wks
Milestone 8–> 6 wks
Milestone 9–> 12 wks
Please clearly define the milestones you expect to achieve in order to receive milestone based installments. Please consider how each milestone relates to incentivizing sustainable usage and liquidity on Optimism. Progress towards each milestone must be trackable: Milestone 1: GPT-3 Praise demo (2.5k OP)
1) AI ask-me-anything demo bot, three bot commands:
* /whois - generates user bio
* /tell-me-about - asks question about user
* /ask - ask any question on the Praise data
Milestone 2: ERC-20 reputation token minter (7.5k OP)
1) Solidity contracts
* ERC-20 reputation token
* Token factory
2) Praise API
* Endpoints to manage contract addresses, distributions, etc
* Token creation wizard
* Reputation minting wizard
* Overview page - minting and distribution summary, etc
Milestone 3: Backend migration and upgrade (15k OP)
1) Backend migration
* From Express to Nest.js
2) Ability to host many communities on one server
3) Secured and documented API
* Open API specs / Swagger
4) API key handling
securely give access to third party bots and systems
Milestone 4: Setup and config script for self-hosted Praise (2k OP)
1) Interactive Bash script(s)
* Install and configure Praise
* Backup database
* Restore database
* Upgrade Praise
Milestone 5: Upgraded reports, exports and analytics (17k OP)
* New export endpoints for individual entities - csv, json
* Full export of Praise in DuckDB / Parquet format
* Endpoints for managing report settings etc
* Plugin system - allow reports to be created using untrusted third party code
* Reports dashboard, CRUD reports
* Analytics dashboard, CRUD analytics
* A standalone repository of reports - Custom reports library
Milestone 6: Hosted Praise, self-deployment (26k OP)
* Community setup and configuration service
* Clustering and load balancing of backend services
* Email notification service
* Standalone setup and configuration website
Milestone 7: OpenAI integration (31k OP)
1) User research for top use cases
* Automated org charts
* Contributor bios
* AI AMA bot
* Open AI API integration
* AI analytics engine
* AI supported reports
* Integration of AI data into user profile
* AI AMA commands
Milestone 8: NFT badge minter (11k OP)
* Choose & deploy NFT contract
* Endpoints for managing NFT distributions
* NFT minting flow
Milestone 9: Praise decentralization, Ceramic integration (61k OP)
1) Ceramic authentication integration
2) Praise to Ceramic push service
3) Ceramic Praise explorer – all communities, all praise
Why will incentivized users and liquidity on Optimism remain after incentives dry up?: N/A
Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability (smart contracts addresses relevant to the proposal, relevant organizational wallet addresses, etc.): N/A
Confirm you have read and agree to the Eligibility Restrictions (here): I have read the Eligibility Restrictions and agree to abide by their conditions