[DRAFT] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] Mass Effect

Project Name: Mass Effect

Author Name: Manuel Maccou

Number of OP tokens requested: 6,500 OP

L2 Recipient Address: 0x4A6737Da9668D09aCE702c3ff5e0dA33a84d28F7

Relevant Usage Metrics: (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc.)
Relevant metrics at our current stage are related to community growth, which we just started. So far we have 8 partners representing Web3 protocols, DAOs, and universities.

Optimism alignment (up to 200 word explanation):

Mass Effect is a knowledge transfer protocol that incentivizes 1 on 1 learner/expert interactions to educate, build earned credentials, and increase the flow of new information from trusted sources. We are in the community building phase, and will be leading free knowledge sessions on various Web3 topics. We would like to dedicate a number of these sessions to education around Optimism, its technology, and the opportunities it presents. Being awarded these funds will allow us to pay the subject matter experts leading the knowledge sessions. Funds will only be used to pay experts who lead sessions related to Optimism.

Proposal for token distribution (under 1000 words):

How will the OP tokens be distributed?

Each subject matter expert will be compensated for each session they run. The amount of OP awarded will be determined based on current prices, the length of the session, and the level of expertise required to teach each topic.

How will this distribution incentivize usage and liquidity on Optimism?

Education provides a clear path to mass adoption. By dedicating a number of our sessions to sharing knowledge about Optimism, we hope to reduce the knowledge barrier to entry while illuminating the unique problems that Optimism solves. We will onboard many new users to Optimism while giving them the knowledge to understand why Optimism is so important.

Why will the incentivized users and liquidity remain after incentives dry up?
As long as we can continue to pay our subject matter experts, we can increase the quality of education we give. This will in turn attract more people to our sessions, and increase the amount of education we can provide for Optimism.

Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed?

Knowledge sessions start in August and will last as long as there are funds to give.

How much will your project match in co-incentives?

The incentives Mass Effect offers are earned credentials. People who have earned OP by leading knowledge sessions and receiving positive reviews will be invited to the Mass Effect platform at a higher credential level once the platform is built. We also invite anyone from the Optimism community or core team to lead these knowledge sessions and be recognized as a key early supporter of Mass Effect.

Here is a link to the Mass Effect documentation

1 Like

I think this should come under public goods funding and under gov funding.

Ah ok I didn’t realize that was an option thanks. I don’t see that category in the forum drop down. Is there a different process for public goods funding?

Public group funding is not live yet, i assume it to be active in few weeks/months once other house (Optimism Collective )is active. But this is just my understanding and I am not from OP Team so keep this proposal active as of now and wait for others input too.

Hey, we have something similar going on in EthernautDAO, with 4000 devs community. I would love to get in touch but I haven’t seen any link on your documentation. How can we reach out to you guys?

1 Like

Hey @Dhannte! My personal Twitter is manuelmaccou. Happy to chat!

1 Like