[DRAFT] CRNFT - Digital Art Incubator

Project name: CRNFT ( CRAFT )

Author name and contact info: @crnft Lukas Chmiel art@crnft.art

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes]

L2 recipient address: 0x47CEE63b7CAd5583171AFe378C75E36D9D46C90c

Which Voting Cycle are you applying for? : cycle 10

Project description

CRNFT ( CRAFT is a highly curated digital art incubator that is . We aim to create tools for creators, so they can easily interact, collaborate, and produce content for web3. Using blockchain technology we can track where the files are going and how they are being used.**

Applicants can come from all creative categories and intellectual pillars: fashion, music, design, architecture, technology, art, film, animation, gaming, VR/AR, sustainability, and so on.

Young Creatives play a critical role in creating culture, driving innovation, and building wealth – particularly in marginalized communities. Yet, we know that Creatives who are women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ communities face distinct challenges that stem from systems, structures, and practices designed to exclude and preclude them from being successful. Without the ability to invest their own wealth, the result is that businesses owned by entrepreneurs from these communities are overleveraged or are unable to access capital to invest in growth. ​

We have established a Curation Committee (+50 curators at this moment) and would love to add strategic curators from the Optimism eco-system as well.

Project links:

PRODUCT
Decentraland Gallery
Spatial.io Gallery

Additional team member info :

Punk 9269 Marek Bardzinski

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcbpunk/

Founder of SMS.API (European Twilio) acquired by Link Mobility.
Founder of 2FAS system for password-less integrations (1Mil users)
CEO of Wellcome Home

Jacob Gorajek | CPO
**https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakubgorajek/ **

Inventor of UnStock which is now part of the Slidely Family. The idea was backed by Netflix co-founder Mitch Lowe, who became the company’s advisor from the first days.

Please link to any previous projects the team has meaningfully contributed to:

ArkiveDAO
2FAS
SMS.API
Slidely Family
Lukas Chmiel Inc

Competitors, peers, or similar projects

https://www.niftygateway.com/

Is/will this project be open-sourced? Yes

Optimism native?: Yes.

Date of deployment/expected deployment on Optimism:

June 1st, 2023

Ecosystem Value Proposition:

• we integrate 2.5% Public Good split OP Foundation/ Charity
  • incubation
  • First token-gated XR filters on OP
  • our advisors are top-tier consultants in art, fashion, tech, and architecture.
  • we are breaking systemic issues in the freelance economy
  • producing on-chain footprints and tracking the usage of commercial NFTs
  • onboarding users to OP
  • token-gated tools for creators on OP ( Studio)
  • low gas fee trading
  • integration with OP foundation and OP based protocols

Unfair advantages:

• We have a network of top creative producers in the world.

• Our creators are the best in web 2 fashion, art and architecture. They are looking to work with crypto powered company rather than big tech.

• We understand creators and their feedback is always helping us build the best product.

• We already established a network of web3 native partners.

Number of OP tokens requested: 250,000

Did the project apply for or receive OP tokens through the Foundation Partner Fund?: No

Proposal for token distribution:

• 125k OP awarded for the creation of the new MVP on Optimism
  • 125k OP AR app for token-gated experiences (android & iPhone)

Timeline:

CRNFT V2 on Optimism - up to 4 months from receiving the fund
Launching 100+ premium creatives on CRNFT within 1 year.

Why will incentivized users and liquidity on Optimism remain after incentives dry up?

We will become the most sophisticated and curated metaverse platform managed by community. We will create a lot of Public Good, value in form of art, metaverse spaces, toolkits, workshops, tokengated IRL events and physical products. We want to make this platform social and protect user’s trademarks.

1 Like

@crnft you need to restructure the grant to fit this new template.

Submitted via the form. Thank you for the heads-up @FractalVisions

I also changed the post slightly.

1 Like

Please make sure that your grant request complies with the no sale rule. Refer to the Feb 3 AMA notes for a description of the rule. Shall we consider this post the operative post and remove the GrantsOps proposal from your google form application?

1 Like

Hi @GrantsOps

Our project complies with the no-sale rule. Whatever workflow works for the Grants Committee. @FractalVisions referred me to fill up the form. I will be happy to answer all your questions.

1 Like

This section specifically needs to be restructured for the no sale rule on this round and cycle of proposals for growth experiments.

@crnft this is the application for funding from optimism foundation if you are in search of developer allocated funds to build a MVP & compensation for your team.

I hope this helps!

New Project Application

I have fixed the OP distribution plan and overall we are flexible.

1 Like