Code of Conduct Violation: Carlos Melgar

I really really hope so and that this is a one off thing.

If governance voting is playing referee to childish and petty bickering, it is a very bad value proposition for token holders long term.

Hence I feel strongly compelled to step in and say that things look to be heading on a bad trajectory, and that this needs to stop here, and now.

Edit3: Im stupid, removed some wrong info.

Really want to emphasize the ā€œuse common senseā€ part of the rules of engagement.

Going to link the Rules of Engagement for the Forums here re: Rules of Engagement 2.0 - :pushpin: Policies and Templates - Optimism Collective

If you read the Enforceability section of the Rules of Engagement, it appears that the foundation does have the power to directly give a one month suspension to someone that violates the Doxxing rules, without wasting the time of all the delegates and making them vote on something with no evidence.

Its silly that the Optimism Foundation decided to air out dirty laundry in an onchain vote, when they have the authority to issue an immediate ban to the person in violation, without going through the process of wasing the time of all the delegates

It clearly states ā€œIf you make a claim of any kind, you should always provide proofā€. Members should not be harrassed in ways that violate the Code of Conduct by anyone, and the foundation should be included in that. If they are not going to publicly bring the evidence, they should not publicly bring the accusation

From the Code of Conduct on harrassment and making unsubstantiated claims:

It is clearly outlined in the Code of Conduct to lay out claims and criticism with clear supporting evidence, without personal opinion. It also states that making unsubstantiated claims is a form of harrasment.

Edit 2: Sharing this doesnā€™t feel good for me, im actually really depressed from reading all this

My Opinion: The problem I have with all of this is the established procedure would have been to just ban the person doing the Doxxing, which the Foundation is empowered to do according to the rules of engagement

4 Likes