Badgeholder Conflict of Interest Disclosures

UPDATE
i will not vote for : (optimism ambassadors) because i contribute there
(Crypto Fundraising) do not see the contribution and impact given to the collective
(JEFE TOKEN Token Sale)
Doris Protocol Deceiving badgeholder
MaitreSarceā€™s as the impact is similar to that of the CryptoMage

3 Likes

I will not vote for:

• Week in Ethereum News (I am the editor)
  • OpenZeppelin Contracts (I previously worked at OpenZeppelin)
  • Ethernaut (I previously worked at OpenZeppelin)
2 Likes

I will not vote for:

The Layer 2 Landscape by bitsplaining (my project)

I donā€™t believe I have any other conflicts of interest but will update this list if I find I do.

1 Like

GM everyone! I wonā€™t vote for these projects because I work close to @Griff and even when Iā€™m not expecting any portion of funds from the most part of them (I currently working as Fundraiser for Giveth), I would feel more comfortable abstaining.
Giveth
Giveth House
Praise
RetroPGF Community
Public Goods Grant Management
Trusted Seed
Commons Stack
Regen Score
TEC

And Iā€™ll abstain from these too:
Ethereum Mexico (Co-Founder)
HER LATAM (Active community member. Iā€™ve contributed with their mission during Season 4)
Brichis (I applied as individual)

11 Likes

I will not vote for the Protocol Guild, as I am a core contributor to that project.

2 Likes

Due to conflict of interest, I will not be voting for:

• Commons Stack - Co-founder
  • Token Engineering Commons (TEC) - Advisor
  • Trusted Seed - this project came out of Commons Stack but has been, for ~2 years, a separate entity with a separate group of contributors. However, because three of Commons Stack advisors and/or founders are on the board of the Trusted Seed, I think it best I abstain.

These are all orgs/projects that I have either used personally and/or collaborated with in the past, though we have no direct connection now. My sense is that I can be cognizant of my relationship with these projects and vote objectively. But I welcome feedback from other Badgeholders about this. If the consensus is I should abstain from all, I can do so.

• Giveth - the founder is also one of the co-founders of Commons Stack but their leadership team is independent and while some of us have collaborated together in the past (as Stewards in the TEC) and remain on friendly terms, we do not directly work together.
  • Praise - both Commons Stack and TEC have contributed significantly to this project though it has spun off into itā€™s own entity over a year ago. I do not work directly with that team.
  • Kernel - KB5 alumni. I completed the program and have fist hand experience of the value.
  • Giveth House - I have donated to this project personally and stayed there while in Barcelona.
  • TE Academy - The TEA and TEC have always maintained close collaboration points though I have not worked directly for TEA at any point.
5 Likes

I will not vote for:

• Beam Wallet (Contributor)
  • Gitcoin (Steward)
3 Likes

Iā€™m disclosing that as the Creator of Base, I have some conflict with projects that are deployed on Base (because they can contribute to Base being successful).

I am not opting out of voting for these projects because I believe I provide a critical perspective that would otherwise be missing. Instead, Iā€™m working in public to do this (e.g. tweet here) by creating a Base list that other badgeholders can review and contribute to. I believe this strikes the right balance of accountability and contribution.

Happy to hear otherā€™s thoughts.

13 Likes

I will not vote for the following projects I am associated with:

• Optimism Community Calls
  • Optimism Ambassadors Program
  • Optimism Grants Council

If I discover any more as I am going through projects, they will be added to this list.

4 Likes

Will not vote for Summer of Protocol and weboftrust(self) as mentioned OPUser - Delegate Communication Thread - #40 by OPUser

2 Likes

I will not vote for:
Thesleeper.eth Thai OP Educator (Myself)

2 Likes

Hey all,

As the Technical Project Manager for the Lodestar consensus client at ChainSafe, I will not be able to vote for the following projects:

• Lodestar
  • Cannon-rs
  • Protocol Guild
  • Web3JS
1 Like

I will not vote for:

Cielo (head of research)
Optimism Prices (contributed code)
Velodrome (contributed code)
Aerodrome (contributed code)
Zachxbt (received badge from)

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

As an ex-ChainSafer (and current shareholder), I have a conflict of interest with the following and wonā€™t vote for them

• Lodestar
  • Cannon-rs
  • Protocol Guild
  • Web3JS

(same as philknows listed above)

Iā€™m disclosing that as a core contributor at Synthetix and an elected SNX ambassador, I have some conflict with projects developed within the Synthetix ecosystem (because they contribute to the ecosystem, and support its growth).

I will not be opting out of voting for these because I (similar to Jesse) believe that I provide a critical perspective of SNX ecosystem projects that would be missing otherwise, and I derive no financial benefit from the OP. Iā€™ve worked with members across the Synthetix Ecosystem to curate this list, and am happy to modify it in any way to improve its inclusion of developers in the ecosystem.

Synthetix Ecosystem Public Goods List - Optimism Agora

I will not be voting for Optimism Grants Council Season 4 (council member and author) due to my direct conflict as a member of the council and expected beneficiary of rewards + also will not be voting for Synthetix directly due to my Core Contributor Role.

1 Like

Gm gm!

I will not be voting for:

• LauNaMu (self)
  • HER LATAM (governor)
  • Ethereum Mexico (advisor)

If I discover any more as I am going through projects, they will be added to this list.

Update 1:

I just found out Iā€™m also included in the translators group, so wonā€™t vote for them.

2 Likes

I will not be voting for:

• Otterscan (my own project)
  • Erigon (main sponsor of my project)
1 Like

I will not vote for:

• The Initiative for CryptoCurrencies and Contracts (IC3) (because I hold a position)
1 Like

As a cofounder of the initiative, I will not vote for:

• Zuzalu
1 Like

For this first list of projects, I founded-ish all of them and still work with them as needed, for fun I ordered them by the severity of my conflict of interest.

I will not vote for these applicants:

1. Giveth
  2. Commons Stack
  3. Pairwise
  4. Praise
  5. Public Goods Grants Management
  6. Regen Score
  7. Giveth Web3 House
  8. RetroPGF Community
  9. Dappnode
  10. Token Engineering Commons

I will also not vote for any of the next projects, they are in a grey area but I am engaged with them in some financial way, mostly by indirectly helping them navigate the grants ecosystem via Public Goods Grants Management or by employing them (in no particular order).

I will not vote for these applicants:

• DAOstar
  • Unitap
  • BrightID
  • RADAR
  • Marko
  • Brichis
  • Geleeroyale
  • Attest Fest
  • Namespace

This next list of projects I have a small amount of their tokens. In total they add up to about 1% of my portfolio (mostly Gitcoin). I basically hold the tokens in solidarity more than for financial gain. I would love some clarity on if it is ok to vote for them, but IMO I should be able to, I have some indirect financial bias, but I think it is all very manageable.

Ordered from strongest conflict to weakest:

I WILL vote for these applicants, despite small bias:

1. Gitcoin (I am a Delegate and hold a small amount of GTC)
  2. Public Nouns (I have a few Public Nouns and participate in governance)
  3. ShapeShift DAO (I hold a relatively small amount of FOX)
  4. BanklessDAO (I hold a relatively small amount of BANK)
  5. VitaDAO (I hold a relatively small amount of VITA)
  6. Sushi (I hold a relatively small amount of SUSHI)

These projects are also in a grey area but I will still vote for them. The grey area is mostly because I am either really close with the founders, am a member of their community, had a previous financial relationship or have some sort of small but very manageable bias towards them:

I WILL vote for these applicants, despite small bias:

• Rotki
  • GasHawk
  • Week in Ethereum News
  • Carlos Melgar
  • ETHBarcelona
  • Metagov
  • Bonding Curve Research Group
  • Cannon
  • Token Engineering Academy
  • wslyvh
  • Blobscan