OPUser - Delegate Communication Thread

Voting for RPGF3 will start tomorrow, and I would like to share a few words about how I will be voting in this round.

1. Being an early collective member, I have seen everything related to Optimism DAO, whether on the forum, on Discord, or (most of) social media. Therefore, in the governance pillar, I will cast my vote solely based on my judgment.

2. OP stack and End-user experience & Adoption - This will be a combined effort of the impact mentioned in the application along with due diligence done from my side.

3. Developer ecosystem - I am not well connected or involved in this domain, so I will seek guidance and input from badge holders I trust. However, I can’t bring myself to vote in this domain, and if I have some funds left, they will be distributed equally among the other three pillars.

The word “public goods” is often misused in our ecosystem, even more so since the announcement of RPGF. To exented, in some case, even blockchain is not truly public good, mentoining LP as public goods is delusional.

This is my understanding of “public”: open source and accessible to anyone without any boundaries, financial or otherwise. For example, a smart contract with an MIT or other open-source license, and the same goes for the frontend. Being publicly accessible is the passing criterion; impact, such as the utilization of the said tool, determines the grant size.

We have had some informative discussions on VC-backed projects, whether to support them or not, and if yes, then in what capacity. To me, RPGF is to reward the impact of public goods, not to fight or replace VCs. I will put VC-backed projects and projects with native tokens in the same category.

During the review, I have seen a couple of media-related applications, and I believe social media has an upper hand compared to others as it inherently includes PR by default. So, I will be looking for the content, not just likes and shares, but actual content. For example, is it a tutorial video on completing an Optimism quest and running an OP node?

Means test - a project run by an individual or group/community being utilized by X number of users and another project with external support being utilized by a multiplier of X, both deserve the same reward.

Note: It’s obvious but still worth mentioning. I won’t be voting on below application.

1. Self Retro PGF
  2. Summer of Protocol Warpcast

In last round I supported few common goods projects but I dont think they falls under any category in this round.

4 Likes