Another case of self-delegation of OP tokens received in grants

Hi @MattL!

Thanks for your reply, I think this answer is clear and transparent. It also clarifies some drawbacks that SNX ambassadors had, with voting, that I was unaware of.

I have a point to consult:

In the SIP it clarifies that only 2M OP tokens will be used for delegation, in this incident they delegated the whole tokens. can you give some explanation?

Although we are in very early stages of gov optimism and communication and the rules are not very clear (I have raised this point several times both on the forum and in discord). The clarification of no self-delegation is written in the latest update to the grant proposal template, but again it is not very clear.

The reason for raising this point is because I now understand that there are 3 delegates actively participating (correct me if I am wrong) and even @Millie made comments when the perpetual occurred. I understand that this point has escaped you as it is not possible to 100% follow everything that happens in gov and I understand that you also actively participate in other govs.

This indicates that communication in gov is not entirely clear and always lends itself to confusion. I think this is a point where we should work on finding solutions together with the OF from whom we receive the guidelines.

Finally, I would like to congratulate you for the communication work you are doing to make more users aware of the OP ecosystem. From DefiLatam and Optimism en Español we also make spaces on Twitter, calls to the community at least 1 or 2 times a week for the Spanish-speaking audience, we also translate all articles and news into Spanish to reach more people. In the last Twitter space we talked about the Synthtix incentive program at Optimism, we are big fans of the protocol.

2 Likes