Users who sold the initial OP airdrop should become ineligible for all future airdrops

I agree with you to some extent. Some worked for it and probably want liquidity. I think you should consider people who sold some of the token, who didnt dumped the whole airdrop if you are going to take such actions.

1 Like

This is a great idea, I agreed with you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

wanquantongyinideyiian,zhichinini

2 Likes

I habe totally Agree!

1 Like

Agree but would build in an exception for those who swapped and then provided liquidity to the token

1 Like

I disagree.

1. This proposal would divert value to users who are “rich” vs aversge users and traders.

2. Some users sell half for weth and then LP the remaining OP with that weth. That is what I did and frankly LPing is a risky but vital way to support the protocol. Again, sorry I couldn’t afford to pair it with existing weth but no reason to punish.

3. Engagement and true alignment with OP ecosystem should be the metric, not a defensive trading view about price of OP.

9 Likes

Agreed, those who dumped dont deserve OP

2 Likes

Absolutely agree these wallets are doing more harm than good. If you selling on day 1st all of your coins that clearly shows your contribution to Ecosystem is zero.

Other projects which are planning for airdrops such as ZKsync & Arbitrum should take this as example & kick out all these wallets who dumped on day 1st without even waiting for Official Announcement.

2 Likes

I can’t say I agree to this.
Nobody knows what situation some sellers are in, some might need the money for expenses. It would be unwise to categorize all sellers as bad.

Everyone must do what they feel is right with their own tokens!

6 Likes

Getting an airdrop is a taxable event, so selling isn’t really a choice for people in most jurisdictions. It’s incredibly risky to hold an entire airdrop.

4 Likes

I don’t like this idea.
There could have been a vesting schedule set up for that.
Now it sounds like retroactive penalization.

5 Likes

I sell the drop (partially). I am a nurse. I need money. I hope I will get future airdrop to sell. Everyone will get sick. Think of the nurses who care you when you are sick. I wish you always healthy and enjoy the happiness of the world. GOD BLESS YOU.

4 Likes

Can not agree more!!!

1 Like

Disagree on automatically excluding these users as there are various reasons to sell an airdrop and some of them are in fact reasonable and not only value extraction.

• Traders, bounty hunters, sybillers (Value extraction, rather negative)

• Sell some and provide liquidity & similar (partially value adding)

• OpSec (very important and cannot be ignored)

Consequently, in our opinion it’s more important to determine value adders in the future, reward those while avoiding others that value short-term games / yield extraction over long-termism & value generation.

Note: Personally, we haven’t sold the airdrop.

2 Likes

imo a bit shortsighted since the dumping just transfers the tokens from people who dont care about participating in governance to those who may

had this been communicated from the get go then people who came to the chain to collect some free bucks would not have bothered, which would have kept the dumpers away

but since this wasn’t communicated a palpable % of chain usage was incurred by the implicit promise of an airdrop

not a great look

5 Likes

So why not we airdrop for every poor, every nurse, every doctor? God bless you, but you know the Proposal aims to reward the people who bringing the value to project, I understant you position, but honestly, the position is not relevat to the airdrop, every dump man have their reasons.
We shall focus on the real OP user, not airdrop hunter, whatever their job or reason. Some sybils may say they need OP to purchase food for kids, but it cant change the fact.

4 Likes

This lock-up method looks good, but can we find a better way to attract users to let everyone stay instead of forcing

1 Like

Good point! Totally agree with you!

1 Like

Totally agreed with you :100:

Very good initiative, it’s time to end with airdrop hunters!

2 Likes