Users who sold the initial OP airdrop should become ineligible for all future airdrops

US tax law is not conducive to this. We have to pay taxes on these airdrops when we receive them. I really need to be able to sell off a portion of them to cover my taxes. I actually have to pay the government to participate in these communities so these tokens are not exactly free.
I have held on to community tokens before and the price is high when they are airdropped. I cashed out ETH in order to pay the taxes and now the token is worth 10% of what it was before.
I wish the IRS treated these tokens as only taxable when sold so I could hold on to them. I prefer DAOs that use NFTs for governance because of this.

1 Like

I was surprised and grateful for the air drop from op. I felt good about the proposal. Although I had to sell my op, because I was overwhelmed by foreign debt, debt collectors called again and again, I almost thought I could not bear it, it was op who saved me, I very grateful to op. Although I already sold op, but it does not mean that I do not care about the future development of op.

1 Like

I agree with this proposal 100%

Whether a user gets the second round of airdrops has nothing to do with whether he sells the tokens of the first round of airdrops, only whether he participates in project governance.

I think the problem with awarding for participation in governance is that it is an incredibly difficult metric to get right. If you measure comments here then it just encourages low-content noise. If you measure snapshot votes then it encourages people to vote on issues that they may not understand or care about, just to get their numbers up.

Totally agree with you

I would say that sold is the key phrase here. I had a wallet that was compromised and qualified for the airdrop. I was unable to delegate those OP tokens from that wallet, but sent them to a different wallet that did delegate. My guess is that I’m not alone in this situation, or the situation of people receiving multiple airdrops and then consolidating into one wallet to delegate. I know multiple wallets is a slippery slope, people airdrop farming and such, but if someone qualified for the airdrop on two or three wallets and then consolidated, I do not see that as airdrop farming.

Sincere guy, worthy of praise!
Always laugh, good luck will come naturally!
Let’s work together to contribute our modest efforts to the construction of the optimistic network.

i totally agree with the purpose

Do not agree. Now that the airdrop is over, the holder has the freedom to sell. If you don’t sell it, why do you want to airdrop? You can simply not give airdrops at the beginning. And what is the point of punishing the seller of the airdrop, so that the price of the OP does not fall, and then, the benefit of the price increase is also to sell a good price, isn’t it? In order to increase the price of OP, more people can be incentivized to buy, videos can be made, and twitter can be used for marketing, instead of punishing those who sell. And when the item rewards the holder, the seller will repurchase because of the reward.

I think there should be tiered drop for hodlers and sellers. More for hodlers and less for those that sold

I don’t feel they should not be eligible for the next drops, ALL airdrops have risen in price and then fell after they have come out, the OP token will rise again, this has been the biggest airdrop in quite a while and it came out during a bear market along with BTC trending in the red closing out more than 8 consecutive weeks in the red which is a record, along with that you never know what people have going on… like brain surgeries, unexpected expenses car accidents, and things like that. If you hodl then hodl the OP token if not, then don’t. We all played a part TOGETHER in the beginning and believed in this project and this is the REWARD for this.

This is a better point of view.

I agree. It’s about royalty.

i have bad financial situation of life. I lost my funds on luna terra and lost funds on alt’s dumps. Airdrop from optimism team was for me lifebuoy. after some time I realize that it was bad desigion sold 70% of my dropped token, but i was have no choice

While I can’t say much for the people with loads of money who sold for the sake of selling, but, a lot of us have to sell because they’re trying to make ends meet. The exclusivity based on people making decisions to help them financially is rude, if not detrimental for the community. If yo see people who have to sell, but are still hanging out in the discord, commenting and voting on proposals, I think that those people are worth just as much as those people who held.

2 Likes

Well it’s blockchain and I think people should be free to sell or buy without being black listed. There has been several airdrops such as Uniswap, Dydx and many more, ppl sold and there was no such proposals. It doesn’t mean that when coins are moved from wallets then they’ve been sold. For example, there are people who moved their tokens to offline/cold wallets such as ledger, and some people feel safer by first moving their tokens to exchanges before transfer to cold wallet. However, it’s important to have these sells, they’ll allows for price discovery and better future price performance. Even writing this proposal is negative to the community.

1 Like

I would like to think there can be a middle ground where some can be sold straight away but some should be kept for at least a while as a show of commitment.

It seems a bit too harsh, Prefer the idea of extra reward for HODLer.

4 Likes

Agreed sir. May be if sell < 50% of initial airdrop is still acceptable ? Thank you.

1 Like