Top 20% of delegates consolidate 82% of all delegated voting power. Is that concerning?

On some level I agree with this statement but I also understand how the governance works and how delicate balance can be in the beginning stage of the formation for the citizens house…
As well as delegating a huge responsibility for funds to be distributed to projects that establish the ecosystem in the first place.

It is very hard for discovery of other members on the governance to be heard or be seen.

I must say the new voting platform Agora is being dialed in and I talked to their team to help with some UI/UX bugs this morning. They were very responsive and involved with the community one on one.
Which is great and exactly what is needed to adapt to the needs of the voters in the system and here is some of the feedback you can also find in the Gov General channel of the optimism discord server.

“ I accidentally deleted my topic a few times while trying to write it. “

Discoverability was also made very difficult from the transition but they are fixing everything that I have addressed for the new delegates…

“ I find this frustrating because it was not too long ago that I finally appeared on the delegates of the governance on snapshot after missing the deadline last year when submitting my commitment in the last 24 hours of the cutoff. “

@zcf a fair suggestion here for the filter that would sort delegate members in a more inclusive manner by adding a filtered search :mag: option for most proposals voted :ballot_box: on, recent activity, or proposals created.

This is completely up to the team and decision of the leading members of the network or governance and capabilities of the Agora platform to sort and index this into the user interface on their website.

All in all what you are talking about has been a concern of other members in governance I have seen related to SNX Ambassadors but they have made it clear that they will start to distribute the funds into the ecosystem from the self delegations made before rules were set into place.

An attack on the DAO by obtaining power in a unethical or undermining way is always a concern. The team of the governance and head foundation along with all the rest of the members involved with governance are doing a good job so far of mitigation for this type of scenario.

The impact over profit model makes sure that each protocol is vision & mission aligned with the values and ethos of the blockchain along with the extra emphasis on public goods funding for creative development teams.

As long as this incentive is made by those who have taken on such incredible amount of token delegated to themselves I see nothing wrong with it in the early days of the network. That could be beneficial for the way the newcomers are delegated to in the coming years as more of these creators are attracted to the network for the high value incentives builders are offered on the network. It feels healthy to me!

5 Likes