Token Sale – September 2023

Hey there! Appreciate the notice on the $OP movements, it will def. help avoid weird speculations. With that being said, I do have a couple of Qs:

• What was the thought process on not putting any vesting on these tokens? Seems like something utterly out of the ordinary even if they are “not buying shares” :wink:
  • I’m not versed on legal stuff, so would appreciate the insight: How does this not represent a liability on the Foundation’s side? “Private sale” sounds awfully close to selling shares, specially if this is not executed from a Snapshot vote.
  • How does this affect the decentralization threshold in which Optimism network works? It will not affect the sequencer, since its run by the team, but… Having unknown entities with considerable voting power, probably sold at a discount, does seem to change a bit current Optimism landscape.

I’m trying my best not to attack what is happening, since I understand this probably an amazing opportunity to secure the future of Optimism’s development, marketing, etc. but I do find it conflicts a bit with the decentralization narrative.

Appreciate your guys transparency.

6 Likes