Season 6 Nominations: Grants Council

What up Optimism Collective fam! For the last year I have be working at the Optimism Foundation as a contribution manager, mostly leading the Ambassador program.

I have since left the Foundation and I am excited to begin participating in governance again! You will notice that there is a gap in my governance participation over the last year due to the fact that Optimism Foundation employees are restricted from participating in governance.

Previous to joining the Foundation I was a delegate as well as the lead of the NFT and Gaming Committee during Season 2 of Optimism governance.

Council sub-committee:
Optimism Mission Reviewer

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

0.17%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

N/A - I was previously an employee of the Optimism Foundation and therefore restricted from participation in governance for the last year. You can however see my snapshot voting history here

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

N/A - I was previously an employee of the Optimism Foundation and therefore restricted from participation in governance for the last year. You can however see my snapshot voting history here.

Do you have a technical background?: If so, please elaborate

My technical skills are data science focused - SQL, Python, some machine learning. Here is a smol FIFA 2017 (video game) analytics suite I built using player data to help you draft your team in FIFA 2017 the video game.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role and/or your sub-committee:

Before working at Optimism I spent 7 years as a data analyst and analytics product manager. As an example of the type of analysis I can bring to the Grants Council here is a smol FIFA 2017 (video game) analytics suite I built which includes a Player Comparison Tool and a Draft Pick Alternative tool (in case the player you want gets drafted before your turn)

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:

Season 2: Lead for the NFT & Gaming Committee
Season 4: Alliance Lead - Thank Optimism Mission Proposal

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

Optimism Foundation - Contribution Manager & Lead of the Ambassador program

RetroPGF2 recipient: Optimism Quest Tutorial Video Series (40k+ views)

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

I like an application that incorporates a data backed argument for why their token distribution plan incentivizes sticky behavior for users new to Optimism long after incentives have dried up.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 6 Intents?:

I would like to see Mission Requests that make it easier for gaming teams to onboard into the Superchain and quickly iterate on what they build as developing a “sticky” game with a good user retention rate requires a lot of trial and error.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: If you are a top 25 delegate in another ecosystem, hold an elected position in another DAO, and/or are a multisig signer in another community please disclose here.

No conflicts of interest to disclose

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual :

Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:

Yes

6 Likes