Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

Developer Advisory Board Self-Nomination Template

Please keep your answers as concise as possible while conveying all relevant information.

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile: No, I am not a delegate.

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here): N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: (You may link to your profile on Karma, if applicable.): N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.): N/A

Are you a representative of OP Labs: No, I am not a representative of OP Labs.

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:

I am an engineer at Chainbound and I am strongly passioned about distributed systems. My work has been focusing on building & improving Fiber, a global high-speed blockchain distribution network for transactions and blocks, and building Echo, a unified API for propagating MEV bundles quickly to Ethereum block builders. Before that, I spent 1.5 years working as smart contract & backend engineer building DeFi applications. In terms of OP Stack-specific experience, I am a contributor to both OP-Reth and Magi, the Rust clients that are becoming increasingly critical to realize Optimism’s scalability & performance roadmap. Please check out my Github: merklefruit (nicolas) · GitHub and website: https://nico.bio.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

In the past 3 years I had the chance to work across the Ethereum stack, from the application layer to the core infrastructure layer. This has been incredibly useful in keeping the full context of how different components interact and their role in the Ethereum protocol.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:

No, I have never served any role in the Optimism Collective.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

I contributed to the first version of OP-Reth, an OP-Stack execution client written in Rust. OP-Reth is now looking to become a critical component of the OP Stack scaling roadmap.

As a testament to this, here is a quote from the recent Worldcoin OP-Chain announcement: “We also think that L2s allow for a new trade-off space and we want to actively explore this with Reth as a L2 native execution client. While starting out on op-geth, our next immediate goal therefore is to switch to OP-Reth in production”.

Additionally, I contributed several features to Magi, an OP Stack rollup client written in Rust. One of the contributions included adding the “checkpoint sync” mode, which reduced node sync times up to 5x compared to full sync under normal loads.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

Mission applications should always have a clearly stated objective and description, and should include as much context as necessary to give a good grasp of whether the effort required matches the OP tokens requested.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:

I enjoy writing about the topics I’m passionate about! A couple examples here, here and here.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: If you are a top 25 delegate in another ecosystem, hold an elected position in another DAO, and/or are a multisig signer in another community please disclose here.

No, I do not hold any other positions in any ecosystem, DAO or community.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual:

I understand.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

I understand.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles? If so, please share relevant experience and one idea you have for how the role could contribute to the collective.

No, I am not interested.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations:

I am able to commit 20 hours a month to the board operations.

4 Likes