Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

Developer Advisory Board Nomination

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:

Not a delegate.

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

N/A

Are you a representative of OP Labs:

Not a representative.

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:

I have 6 years of professional experience as a software engineer working at companies of various sizes. I’ve been mostly involved in the design and implementation of backend systems, and the last 2 years were focused mainly on blockchain.

My notable contributions include:

I mainly work in Rust, with previous experience in Go. That allows me to freely read codebases in both languages.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

Before blockchain, I had 4 years of experience building backend systems at web2 companies, and I see this experience as crucial and relevant for my current occupation. It helps to come up with solutions and see the patterns beyond what’s specific to decentralized systems, as well as apply general software engineering knowledge in areas such as databases, performance optimizations, and networking.

My interest in blockchain started with contributing to Foundry. Soon I got a job at Rainbow to work on the intersection of web2 and web3 engineering problems. After Rainbow, I joined the Reth team where I work since then, contributing to the Ethereum L1 protocol and OP Stack client development.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective?

No.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• Reth
    • Reth has native support for Optimism and OP Stack chains in the same repo as the main codebase.
    • OP-Reth is the go-to choice for high-performance OP Stack chains, and projects such as Worldcoin and Base are choosing it to reach their scalability goals.
    • I work on the main Reth codebase, and all performance, safety and reliability improvements are propagated directly to the users of OP-Reth.
  • Rainbow

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

Clear, concise description that conveys:

• Why this particular team is capable of delivering the project.
  • How the team is going to solve the problem and if there are any potential unresolved questions/issues. What technical challenges will require any assistance.
  • Why the proposed solution is the most optimal way to solve this problem. What alternatives exist, and why they might not be as effective.
  • If and why, any upfront funding is necessary for achieving any of the milestones.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:

Reth had an issue with the internal database engine that took a while to figure out. I outlined the issue on GitHub and explained the solution in a more accessible for less technical users Twitter thread.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

No conflicts of interest.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual:

I understand I may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles?

Not interested.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

I understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations:

I am able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations.

5 Likes