Season 4 Feedback Thread

Its a common occurance, but also commonly referred to as one of the most misfunctioning parts of the bureaucracy in the european funding system.

1 Like

You definately can, do you know anywhere that sell OP options on a 1y expiry? As for borrows thats kinda the core arguement here because theyā€™re explicitly not approved with the ToC. Futures youd be eaten by fees for perps, there are no 1y fixed, and you need to put up the collateral aswell from somewhere else, which becomes a probably loan on the allocation > collateral on the futures, which again breaks the ToC. So unless you have the upfront capital and can find a 1y future/option youā€™re kinad screwed

1 Like

Oh wow, just saw the post on the discord.

using financial instruments derived from your grant are effective sales (the definition of which weā€™ve just added to the grant policies

Thats crazy - and impossible to even attempt to oversee.

1 Like

The services GM offers is usually something teams pay for, yes.

In the case of Praise or Pairwise however, those are in house projects that we are building, we are apply for grants to continue the work.

In the case of the other proposals, Giveth DAO and General Magic will pay some peopleā€™s salaries while they are building these projects.

1 Like

Linking feedback on the S4 Collective Intent voting process for reference

2 Likes

Hey @jackanorak, providing some context here:

Espacio Cripto is not a Bankles affiliate (not sure what you mean by Bankless affiliate). Weā€™re an independent community that started in 2020 and has grown since. Some of Espacio Criptoā€™s community members started Nacion Bankless (Bankless in Spanish), thatā€™s the natural flow of builders contributing to other communities. We donā€™t have any bond or compensation with Bankless.

On a second point about the relationship between GM and Espacio Cripto, @Griff is on point in describing @brichisā€™ role in Espacio Cripto.

@brichis started her journey in the crypto space last year. She quickly gained context on the industry, and before any role she played at GM, she was one of the mods of Espacio Criptoā€™s community. Being a mod ensures that our Telegram community constantly aligns with our values of win and help win, staying focused on building and avoiding grifters. @brichis has no monetary compensation from Espacio Cripto, and Espacio Cripto does not have any contracts or expectations with GM, as @Griff mentions.

Again @Griff is quite on point on @brichisā€™s relevance to our application. I learned about season 4 thanks to @brichis; it was really hard to navigate what we needed to do as Espacio Cripto to participate in this process. Brichis dedicated several hours to having 1:1 calls with me to explain what we needed to do to apply. Without her guidance on the unclear process, we might not have applied.

Iā€™d like to note that the first time I grasped the relevance of public goods was during @Griffā€™s talk at The DAOist Mexico City in February 2022, an event that Espacio Cripto helped to execute. From that moment on, we started thinking about how to deliver real public goods to the LATAM community.

Weā€™re really happy with how things have evolved and I understand how things might look tangled without the whole context we have. Thank you for bringing these points up @jackanorak; having these conversations make our work more transparent and visible.

Iā€™m happy to provide any more context or information that Optimism needs to keep delivering the Optimistic Vision.

Letā€™s build.

3 Likes

From our last post on our communication thread

Quoting:

3 Likes

Related to this thread, we have posted the following analysis:

4 Likes

One suggestion, now that we are voting onchain, I would like to refund transaction cost of all address participated in past season.

Giving an SBT would also be another option, rational being voters apathy and encouragement to participate in onchian voting.

3 Likes

Hey, we want to provide some final thoughts on season 4 to take into account for the next and future seasons.

First, reiterate that the way the missions were planned presented a very concentrated workload in the evaluation period and surely these processes open to deliberation by delegates will require adjustment to include the greatest number of opinions possible; this is a widespread problem that is increasingly common in extensive governance like this. The most obvious step is having a generallized adjustment of times for feedback and voting, in the net longer. For example, to avoid ā€œleaving everything until lastā€ as a common behavior, it may be more effective to set a limit on the number of proposals or documentation required to evaluate. Example, if the next voting cycle potentially exceed 20 posts (RFGs, mission proposals, or whatever system is established in the future), then divide the voting process as is most convenient (category, first-second halfā€¦). Although season 5 resolves this for now, Nothing prevents the problem from reappearing in another format.

Second, the process of reviewing milestones and status of projects and grants, although new roles dedicated to this aspect are contemplated (to be voted), Iā€™m surprised that some kind of ā€œjustice leagueā€ has not appeared, as a formal independent but outsider team. monitoring the status of each mission, grant, etc. With the existence of retroPGFs, it should be enough motivation for those skilled in this task.

1 Like

There is actually a really cool milestone reporting dashboard that is coming for all of the grantees here on optimism to report their impact and how their funds are distributedā€¦

The thought of a ā€œJustice Leagueā€ is actually really great. I love that idea.

GM @Joxes!

I believe this might pique your interest. Iā€™m not entirely sure if this is what you had in mind, but Iā€™m sharing the link with you just in case: DRAFT: Proposed Grants Council Charter - Season 5

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hey; yes I read it before, Iā€™m referring more to a completely independent group of watchers (outsiders) dedicated exclusively to providing alerts and analysis in this regard, and other related activities (curation maybe?).

1 Like