[READY] [GF: Phase 1] CRNFT

Project name: CRNFT

Author name and contact info: @crnft

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes]

L2 recipient address: 0x47CEE63b7CAd5583171AFe378C75E36D9D46C90c

Which Voting Cycle are you applying for? : cycle 8

Grant category: NFT

Project description

CRNFT is an "Upwork’’ for NFT and metaverse-related services. We aim to create services on-chain through a platform curated by its members. We provide innovative solutions for brands entering the digital world and our ultimate goal is to build bridges between art, fashion, and architecture.

Project links:

Pitch Deck
Decentraland Gallery
Spatial.io Gallery

Additional team member info :

Punk 9269 Marek Bardzinski

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcbpunk/

Founder of SMS.API (European Twilio) acquired by Link Mobility.
Founder of 2FAS system for password-less integrations (1Mil users)
CEO of Wellcome Home

Jacob Gorajek | CPO
**https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakubgorajek/ **

Inventor of UnStock which is now part of the Slidely Family. The idea was backed by Netflix co-founder Mitch Lowe, who became the company’s advisor from the first days.

Please link to any previous projects the team has meaningfully contributed to:

2FAS
SMS.API
Slidely Family
ArkiveDAO
Lukas Chmiel Inc

Competitors, peers, or similar projects

UPWORK
FIVERR
WEB3.CAREER

Is/will this project be open-sourced? Yes

Optimism native?: Yes

Date of deployment/expected deployment on Optimism:

February 1st, 2023

Ecosystem Value Proposition:

• we disrupt the creative service industry by eliminating centralized agencies and making one protocol for all.

• we develop sustainable solutions for creating content.

• we help web 2.0 creators bootstrap their web 3.0 projects and crowdfund them with community

• our advisors are top-tier consultants in art, fashion, tech, and architecture.

• we’ve been working as freelancers, and producers for over 2 decades, so we know all of the current flaws in the system.

Number of OP tokens requested: 1,000,000

Did the project apply for or receive OP tokens through the Foundation Partner Fund?: No

Proposal for token distribution:

The token

• 500k OP awarded to cover a brand new MVP on Optimism
  • 300k OP awarded to cover the marketing of the platform
  • 200k OP awarded to cover onboarding of top 1000 creatives in the United States ( multi-disciplinary artists)

Timeline:

MVP - up to 2 months from receiving the fund
Onboarding 1000 creatives within 1 year.

• Why will incentivized users and liquidity on Optimism remain after incentives dry up?

We will estabilish a demand for services on-chain. For example Digital Fashion brands need UGC content that can be produced on-chain with photographers from our platform.

1 Like

You ask for too many op

2 Likes

I think the number of requested $OP is too many. Also, the criteria for token distribution is unclear to me, for example:

500k OP awarded to cover a brand new MVP on Optimism

• How to become an MVP? Any criteria to be eligible for MVP?
  • Is it a one-time distribution to only one MVP or do you plan to gradually provide incentives in months/years to more than one MVP?

300k OP awarded to cover the marketing of the platform

• What marketing activities are you planning? What are the purposes of the marketing activities? Will they be benefit to Optimism ecosystem and community?

200k OP awarded to cover onboarding of top 1000 creatives in the United States ( multi-disciplinary artists)

• What are the criteria to become the top 1000 creatives?
  • Why do you limit the incentives to only the creatives in the United States?

So, appreciate if you can provide more information to clarify.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @Niki and @maykung

1. We are open to suggestions about how much $OP should be distributed. The MVP (minimum viable product) needs to be sufficient to be able to work natively on-chain using the Optimism protocol. Once we build it we are going to integrate it with 0xsplits, Velodrome, and other protocols from the OP ecosystem

2. We plan to provide as many incentives to grow the overall OP ecosystem as possible. As I mentioned above after the basic MVP is established We want to add 0x splits, let users mint directly to OP flagship NFT marketplace, and provide liquidity to projects via Velodrome and others. This project will be modular, but because we’ve been creating digital content for the biggest AD agencies since the beginning of the internet - we know how to execute this task and bring value back to the community of creators.

What are the criteria to become the top 1000 creatives? Why do you limit the incentives to only the creatives in the United States?

We don’t want to limit ourselves to the US, but we hoped to focus on one pool and grow the network effects from here. Our team is in New York and LA, but we also have a strong representation in Korea, Singapore, Poland, Croatia, Thailand, Taiwan, Canada, Argentina, Puerto Rico, and many other places.

Anyone from anywhere is eligible to apply.

Applicants can come from all creative categories and intellectual pillars: fashion, music, design, technology, art, film, animation, gaming, VR/AR, sustainability, and on.

Young Creatives play a critical role in creating culture, driving innovation, and building wealth – particularly in marginalized communities. Yet, we know that Creatives who are women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ communities face distinct challenges that stem from systems, structures, and practices designed to exclude and preclude them from being successful. Without the ability to invest their own wealth, the result is that businesses owned by entrepreneurs from these communities are overleveraged or are unable to access capital to invest in growth. ​

We have established a Curation Committee (+50 curators at this moment) and would love to add strategic curators from the Optimism eco-system as well.

> What marketing activities are you planning? What are the purposes of the marketing activities? Will they be benefit to Optimism ecosystem and community?

• We are planning to launch multiple IRL events where we would showcase the works of our users.

• We would like to design an entirely new website and UIX with our advisors from Spotify, Peloton and Rainbow Wallet.

• We want to offer grants and discounts to creators who make services on-chain rather than through a centralized agency. This will eliminate the need of having a traditional agency representation.

• We will give small grants to top fashion photographers who can shoot content for Digital Fashion brands IRL.

• some OP tokens will be granted to creators who build on-chain content for OP-based Dapps

1 Like

Thank you for submitting this proposal.

I would like to say hi and introduce you to the NFT and Gaming Committee which consists of @Butterbum @FractalVisions @Michael @OPUser and myself.

We will begin taking a look and providing you guys with feedback. If you need anything we have the #nft-and-gaming-committee channel in the Optimism Discord

This current voting cycle (cycle 8) started on October 20 and will run for 3 weeks until November 9.
Week 1: Community and Delegate Feedback
Week 2: Committee Review
Week 3: Voting

4 Likes

You can update this to cycle 8

Hi @jrocki.bedrock @Butterbum @FractalVisions @Michael @OPUser :slightly_smiling_face:

I will check the Discord channel and look forward to your feedback.

4 Likes

Hello!
I have taken a look at your site. I see here you have stated that the project is Optimism native. Although on the site all I see is NFTs on Etherscan.

The Twitter account has a few thousand followers & discord is only at 300 members since original contract deployment in June is that correct ?

There is not anything mentioned in the roadmap or pitch deck about any sort of integration with Optimism so I would need to see some statistics on Dune analytics to get a good look at the overall volume and what CRNFT intends to accomplish.

With the distribution of 1,000,000 tokens I do see a bit of an issue with the lack of community engagement supporting the project and track record with the community here on Optimism.
Along with no planning of how the distribution would act as the 1000 creators are onboarded within one year. The framework and budget will need to be presented in a manner that makes sense both mathematically and conceptually. According to the plan that would include 2.7 creators per day which seems like an incredible amount of organization & pre-planning. I definitely recommend taking some of this into consideration for the proposal.

Also as you may already know OP has a big heart and a lot of projects who already support Public Goods. As a creator & long time traditional artist myself I would love to see another marketplace emerge on layer 2. It may be an upside when applying for a grant to integrate some sort of system which helps to donate portions of the creators primary sales & those who contribute to the RETROPGF.ETH address via royalties from secondary market sales, or just leaving it up to the creators themselves.

I am also very confused about the part of the pitch deck that displays info about Coinbase NFT in relation to CRNFT. Can you please explain this a bit more?

3 Likes

Hello!
I have taken a look at your site. I see here you have stated that the project is Optimism native. Although on the site all I see is NFTs on Etherscan.

We are raising for the MVP on Optimism. The Dapp under www.crnft.art is a curated NFT marketplace on Ethereum, but we are pivoting to something bigger.

The Twitter account has a few thousand followers & discord is only 300 members since the original contract deployment in June is that correct ?

We are working on these numbers and our next generative fashion drop should help a lot too. We are hosting a panel on Oct 26th Avatars of the Metaverse · Luma Join us!

There is not anything mentioned in the roadmap or pitch deck about any sort of integration with Optimism so I would need to see some statistics on Dune analytics to get a good look at the overall volume and what CRNFT intends to accomplish.

We are planning to build a completely new product on Optimism cause we believe it will help in its decentralization. With a help of the Optimism community and making this bridge to art, fashion and architecture we can create more sustainable solutions.

With the distribution of 1,000,000 tokens I do see a bit of an issue with the lack of community engagement supporting the project and track record with the community here on Optimism.
Along with no planning of how the distribution would act as the 1000 creators are onboarded within one year. The framework and budget will need to be presented in a manner that makes sense both mathematically and conceptually. According to the plan that would include 2.7 creators per day which seems like an incredible amount of organization & pre-planning. I definitely recommend taking some of this into consideration for the proposal.

We are aware, but creating a new Dapp on React with industry-leading branding needs some initial input. There is a big market opportunity. Just think how many people use Fiverr. Can Optimism Community suggest OP token number that would be the best fit?

Also as you may already know OP has a big heart and a lot of projects who already support Public Goods. As a creator & long time traditional artist myself I would love to see another marketplace emerge on layer 2. It may be an upside when applying for a grant to integrate some sort of system which helps to donate portions of the creators primary sales & those who contribute to the RETROPGF.ETH address via royalties from secondary market sales, or just leaving it up to the creators themselves.

Love that! This is a brilliant idea! We can do that in the marketplace and the new pivot dapp/protocol. If you have any artists who would like to join our community please send them this form: CRAFT/JOIN

I am also very confused about the part of the pitch deck that displays info about Coinbase NFT in relation to CRNFT. Can you please explain this a bit more?

COINBASE - this could be anyone (SME businesses/Dapps), but here more of a symbol of the crypto native brand or corporation, Someone who hires a lot of freelancers or needs content. Assuming that Coinbase will grow its user database there might be a need for projects like ours to help freelancers work in web 3.0

ANNA - freelancer, creator

CRNFT - we are the Dapp that makes it happen.

Please check the statistics:

2 Likes

Hey @crnft,

I’m Michael from the NFT & Gaming Committee. This is an awesome proposal and it’s great to see such an innovative project/team building on Optimism.

The problem is that OP Governance Fund funding is generally aimed at already deployed projects with an established track record. That said, this seems like a perfect candidate for funding through the Optimism Foundation directly. Here is a quote from this post about it:

So the best way to get funding at this point is either apply for funding through the Optimism Foundation here (what I recommend) OR restructure you grant request in this forum. In order for the second to work, the funding would likely need to be post-milestones of deployment and usage given that this is a new project.

I hope that’s helpful and I’m happy to answer any questions you have. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, @Michael great to have your feedback here!

I totally understand. We were just happy to hear all of you and build something together on Optimism.

@Michael I have submitted the form via the link you provided. I didn’t get the confirmation at the end but hope it went through. There was also no space for attaching the Pitch Deck, so I hope Optimism Foundation will be able to connect the dots.

2 Likes

In fact, in its idea it is a great project, but I think that there is a need for certain changes

I agree with those who wrote about the amount of OP
It is really a lot

But in general, I’m ready to support the project if certain things are corrected, as in general, I’m interested in similar projects

I have made the suggestion to the team to restructure their grant based on this new proposal template.