As of now, OPerating manual does not have any guideline on handling conflict of interest and I want to hear your opinion on this.
- Lets say a project feels that an entity is voting against their proposal or giving someone a favor for some reason.
- They can raise their voice but once voting is done, no one can do anything and foundation will act on the final result.
- What if some one feels that I am acting and voting unethically.
- Again, we dont have any thing in OPerating manual on how to handle this.
- What to do if I see bias
- I would appreciate if we can discuss this on this forum but what if other party is not willing to listen.
Create a committee to handle such scenario, we can reach out to this committee with these type request and their decision would be final.
Who Would be on this committee:-
- Person/Team raising the request will choose 2 person*
- Other party involved, if chooses to, can also choose 2 person
- One delegate(for simplicity we will keep any delegate with 0.5% voting power) and one OP Citizen
How I see it in work:-
- 3 out of 4 vote is needed to reach final decision.
- Keeping it small will help the committee would be trivial at initial steps
- It is MANDATORY to have OP Citizen in this committee.
Generally, I am not a big fan of creating many committee as I believe this makes things complicated and increase bureaucracy. But as we are doing and learning things iteratively, I am in favor of this. We should try and see how things works out, if not needed, we can decommission this committee.
Happy to hear your thoughts on this.
Adding some context with an example.
I submitted a proposal and was voted by Token House but I am not happy with how X entity has voted on my proposal. So, here i will invoke the Conflict committee and submit my case.
Token house is and will be deciding pillar, what will change, if the Conflict committee approve my request, only vote of X will be removed from the final result. Votes and result from rest of the Token will still apply. We are not over-riding Token house, we are just removing conflict.