Growth Experiment: Bored Town NFT Art Community

Hi @sorryvrerror,

In order to simplify grant distribution, we will be using the following format.
If your grant is selected, you will receive 40% of the funds. In order to receive the following 60% of the funds, you will need to meet your critical milestones.

With this information, simplify your critical milestones with the understanding that you will need to hit these milestones in order to receive the next 60%.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi @Michael

Thank you so much for the information. Please find our revised critical milestone below:

Critical Milestone

• Publish the art contest guidelines and theme by the 2nd week of April 2023
  • Have at least 200 artists submit their artwork on Quest3 by the end of April 2023
  • Distribute the rewards to 200 artists who passed the 1st round through Quest3 by the 2nd week of May 2023
  • Let 10,000 voters vote on snapshot.org to select 100 winners by the 1st week of June 2023
  • Announce 100 winners of the art contest and distribute rewards by the 2nd week of June 2023

Kindly let me know if any information is needed to be clarified. :pray:

3 Likes

great, good luck with the project

1 Like

every project by Bored Town is growth

1 Like

Greetings,
It is a pleasure to read your Growth Experiment. My vote belongs to this project because the people behind it actually understand the art at its core. I already WL myself in one of your quest challenges. Wish you success.

1 Like

Just to add one thing. Your website should be much cooler than what it is now. Could be more interactive, more colorful, and more engaging. I am sure you guys can work this out.

1 Like

Have you thought about using Tide?

Tide is the marketing dApp for any Web3 community and marketing managers in DeFi, NFTs, and DAOs projects.

For example, Subli, a web3 educator focused on Optimism, got a 30k $OP grant to grow its educational account and will leverage Tide to launch a series of quests: https://twitter.com/Subli_Defi/status/1632127033399730176 .

You can get started in a few clicks with our permissionless and no-code campaign editor, featuring advanced off-chain and on-chain web3 actions.

Moreover, you can mitigate bots and target community members relevant to your business without technical research. For example, you can make campaigsn accessible only to Optimism Bridgers or to users with at least 1 transaction on L2s in the last 90 days; This is important to make sure relevant users will interact with your quests

Finally, with our analytics, you will clearly measure effectiveness of Web3 marketing strategies and know your usersโ€™ interests, traits, habits, needs, and interactions. It can help in understanding potential collaborations and what your users enjoy.

We can setup a call to further discuss if we are the right fit for each other

For full disclosure, I work for Tide.

Docs: Web3 marketing protocol - Tide

1 Like

Thank you for providing me with the information. Please allow me to contact you if I require any assistance.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. We are currently working on the new website and it will be launched soon.

1 Like

fantastic. wish you greatness.

1 Like

Total support! Amazing art for OP growth!

1 Like

Sure, if you need any assistance, reach us out on Discord (Tide) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/Tide_web3).

Furthermore, feel free to reach out Subli and ask him his feedback on Tide.

Best Regards

1 Like

Bored Town is one of the early NFT projects on Optimism that consistently communicate to the community wth many NFT related activities. They also expanded the awareness of NFT market to networks other than Optimism as well as collaborated with many projects across chains, though, Bored Town NFT collection is still their core project. Holders of Bored Town NFT continue to receive WL to participate in their new projects.

For the proposal, I like the idea of focusing on art and NFT artists in order to support the growth of NFT community on Optimism, which will eventually bring new users, both artists and collectors, to the NFT ecosystem on Optimism. Fully support this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love your work ! Wish you Luck !

1 Like

Milestone achievements:

Hi @Michael

We are currently completed the critical milestones (described below)

Milestone achievement:

Participants:
723 artworks submitted Bored Town x Optimism Art Contest
2,736 Voting ticket SBT participants Clique: Identity Oracles Connecting Web2 and Web3
3,917 voters Snapshot

Contest results:
Top 200 https://opensea.io/collection/bored-town-art-contest

Top 25

Top 10

1st prize

2nd prize

3rd prizes

2 Likes

This is pretty cool, new to this NFT and digital world. I truly liked how your business proposal was written. I did not know there are actual real communities out that, besides those trying to scam into the wallets of not-knowers.

Thanks for the enlightening read.

2 Likes

Hello @sorryvrerror and thank you for the update. It looks like there is a discrepancy from the milestones you originally posted and the milestones in your update. Can you please explain the discrepancy below?

Original Milestones

Milestone Update

2 Likes

Can you link the distribution contract used by quest3 for reward disbersement?

2 Likes

Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for taking a look at this. The milestone we initially posted is the estimated date we settled on based on when we believed we could start working on the event. Unfortunately, the process took longer than we expected. The date we received the grant was May 3rd, as indicated in this transaction: OP Mainnet Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Optimism. This is why our work commenced later than initially stated.

During the art contest process, we realized that we couldnโ€™t rush it if we wanted to achieve the best results. We provided all artists with enough time to create their art and took the necessary time to verify that we were rewarding genuine artists. Nonetheless, we still anticipate completing the event within the 5-month timeframe, as indicated on the form.