Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Hello Community! After 2 successful season of the Grants Council, I am hoping to participate again for a third season and further improve on the process and experience for everyone involved!

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

Council sub-committee:
Growth

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:
2.14%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

My voting rate is 100%

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:
My voting rationale is listed a comment on individual proposals.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
Started the Community calls in Season1
Lead of Defi Committee A in Season 2
Grants Council Season 3
Grants Council Season 4
Badgeholder for Citizen’s House

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:
I don’t have a technical background but I have extensive experience and knowledge in the defi space.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:
I was the Lead of Defi Committee A and on the Grants Council for Season 3 and 4.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:
I worked at the Maker Foundation for 3 years and am now a partner at an investment firm where we invest in early stage defi projects.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)
I have been in the defi space 2018 and after 2 seasons on the Grants Council, I have a firm understanding of how to make the process efficient and positive for applicants.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:
The things I like to see the most in a proposal are very clear milestones that will hold the project accountable and a comprehensive token distribution plan that incentives long term use and brings new users to Optimism that will stick around long term.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?
I would love to see Missions that make it easier for new users to get on chain, such as account abstraction wallets and anything that makes it easier to bring newbies into the space. I would also love to see anything related to the superchain and solving some of the issues there, such as bridging.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:
Any of the UDHC portfolio companies would be a conflict of interest for me.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct:
Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:
Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:
Yes, although it actually ends up being more than a 20 hour/week commitment.

18 Likes