Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Council sub-committee:

Milestone and Metrics (operations)

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

Not a delegate

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

Not a delegate

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• Have not served Optimism

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

I’ve been a project and product manager in Dehidden (aka Layer-E) for 1.5 years where I had helped scope out 10+ projects and products, from scoping, userflows, to manageing timelines of design and development. I’m well aware of technical timelines, effort costs for a variety of projects, from NFTs, AI, DeFi and more.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

No Previous committee experience

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

I am Grants program Manager for Arbitrum where I oversee and better operationalise 4 domains for the grants program, with my responsibilities including managing funds, approving proposals, providing support and sourcing quality proposals. I am a core team member at Questbook where we’ve lead and managed grants program for reputed ecosystems such as Compound, TON, Polygon, Celo etc disbursing more than $3M in grants to 300+ teams . I have also lead as a product manager at Layer-E , building multiple products that benefitted the Polygon ecosystem, notably the Polygon Copilot, Surfaceboard etc. Leading the product development has helped me understand opportunity landscaping, industry trends, 0-1 product building process and GTM .

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

A good governance fund grant starts from the grants committee to setup the right RFPs, asks and examples for grantees to know how to create maximum impact through their applications.

Some of the key criteria include:

• A detailed proposal that aligns with the intent and roadmap of Optimism
  • Clear and well defined milestones for the overall funding asked by the proposer
  • Accountability to update the community and reviewers on the progress of the project and deliver all milestones
  • Onboarding new users to the Optimism ecosystem through various initiatives such as identity, gaming, education, etc,
  • Active community participation on project updates

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

Mission Requests that are surrounded in solving for Sybil Resistance, Bot protection and proof of person hood is very important in the current landscape. With Zk attempting to go mainstream, there is a lot of good usecases that can be built on top of Optimism and Zk, and its vital that one of the missions is focused on that.

In addition, in terms of grants programs, its important to fund alternate ways of funding proposals and programs that focus on both reviewer and grantee transparency and accountability. Iterating through different models, helps figure out the best model for maximum impact while also making sure all projects become approachable, from ideation stage to integration stage.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

There are no conflicts of interest.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct:

Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:

Yes

2 Likes