Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Hello! The work and impact that the Grants Council has achieved in such a short time frame is truly remarkable. I’m extremely excited about the opportunity to apply and play a meaningful role in this endeavor.

Council sub-committee: Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Not a delegate

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: N/A

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
I have contributed to the Optimism ecosystem by building a number of products which are all being actively maintained. Below are few products our team has built:

1. Karma Delegate Dashboard - Dashboard to provide visibility and accountability into delegate activity, facilitate delegate discovery and delegation for tokenholders.
  2. Snapshot Proposal gating - Built using EAS on Optimism, community members can endorse who can create proposals on Snapshot.
  3. DAO Delegate Registry - Onchain delegate registry on Optimism we built in collaboration with other DAO tooling companies. The registry has already been integrated into delegate dashboard.
  4. GAP - Grantee Accountability Protocol to let grantees post milestones and updates onchain through EAS on Optimism.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:
Yes, I am a full stack developer by profession. I have been writing code for a really long time. These days, I spend my dev time programming contracts in Solidity. In 2017, I started a website to teach blockchain programming to developers and ran it for 5 years. I am comfortable reading code in most programming languages, can fully read and understand smart contracts. In the past, I have architected and built highly scalable systems from scratch.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: N/A

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:
We’ve received grants from Optimism and numerous other DAOs, gaining firsthand experience with the entire grant process—both its strengths and weaknesses. I’m confident that I can contribute to enhancing and streamlining this already successful program.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee:
Over the last 3 months, along with my team, I have been working on improving visibility into grantee milestone progress and updates. We built a product called GAP - Grantee Accountability Protocol to let grantees post milestones and updates onchain. I have spoken to a number of grantees and grant managers and have deep understanding of the importance and benefits of tracking milestones. I would like to bring this knowledge and insights to help improve operations in the Grants council.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:
A good governance fund grant like any other good project clearly articulates what it aims to accomplish, who the target audience is, how it helps the protocol get wider adoption (short term or long term) whether through onboarding new users or builders, how the progress can be measured and impact assessed.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?
There are a lot of builders building in the Optimism ecosystem. A few mission requests around helping spread the word about all the projects will go a long way imo. Also, as the number of OP chains grow, there is a need for developer tooling to seamlessly interact across chains, abstracting away chain specific logic etc. Also, there are a number of great ideas here that I recommend.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: None

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct: Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes

5 Likes