Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 4

Council Reviewer Self-Nomination Template

Council sub-committee: Growth

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:
We are active as DAOStewards, along with @thinkDecade and @hirokennelly. More info: here

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0.03%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:here 63%

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: here

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
As part of BanklessDAO, I coordinate multi-lingual content production where we have produced number of articles about optimism in ukrainian, spanish, bulgarian, german, malayalam and japanese. More info here. We received significant OP tokens as part of RPGF2 due to our contribution.
I also coordinate the metagovernance group at BanklessDAO which is an active governance participant in Optimism. We started participating actively this quarter.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

We have access to the technical talent at BanklessDAO and I myself have a technical background in data science with a fair overview of smart contracts.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

I have been part of the grants committiee at BanklessDAO for 6 months where I co-evaluated 30+ applications on various topics from content production to operations and technical docs. I also helped co-create many grants review strategies and a general outlook towards treasury sustainability to combat sell pressure from grantees.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

I have been on both sides (evaluating and receiving) of grant programs in the ecosystem. This experience helps me see the point of view of both sides. As an evaluator I focused on identifying objective measurable metrics on all types of projects and measuring results/past performance as a key data point while making decisions.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

In my experience the grants strategy should focus on:

a. Past experience of the team to deliver similar results as being proposed
b. Knowledge and network of the team within the ecosystem
c. Clear milestones with fixed timeframe
d. Bias towards highly innovative ideas

What types of grant applications do you think will help achieve Intent #2?

Combining innovation with low-cost, fast execution can be a major unlock as long as it gains adoption both within the existing crypto community as well as the broader world at large. Often the focus is on building killer apps, while what actually drives adoption is simple use cases which can attract middle-of the curve users. Applications such as

• remittance,
  • 1 click on/off ramps,
  • user friendly mobile frontends
  • existing mass adopted fintech apps using L2s on the backend,
  • web3 gaming(play and earn)
  • attestation of real world artefacts
  • focus on groups/communities which are ignored by legacy institutions

will be the applications which will help the collective strive towards intent 2 achievement

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

DAOStewards is an active governance participant in several DAOs including banklessdao, 1inch, safe, vita, OP, Arbitrum, AAVE

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 4: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes

7 Likes