Grants and Mission possible overlaps

ah, understood. i saw the sum total but there’s no bug bounty in that last proposal, unless you’re flagging some dev/audit costs as a bug bounty. not sure why you’d do so but i see the desire to bucket neatly.

I’m definitely sympathetic to this initiative, having flagged the concentration in mission participants earlier today Season 4 Feedback Thread - #7 by jackanorak. I agree that, all else equal, you’d certainly want to see greater breadth in recipients. Part of this may be due to a need to publicize what we’re doing more. There’s been some nice discussion on this topic today in the discord – make sure to have a look.

Meanwhile, I do think it’s important to recognize what the point of all this is, which is to distribute OP to where it has the most impact. For those concerned that Velodrome’s accumulated ask might be disproportionate, you’re right. It’s because Velodrome’s impact is disproportionate.

Velodrome secures over a quarter of Optimism’s TVL and has onboarded more protocols (50+ out of the 131 listed on DefiLlama) than, I’d argue, the Foundation itself. We have 4x the Twitter following Bankless Dao has and almost 20x what Giveth has. We’ve returned stimulus multipliers of 8x-12x on the OP we have received, and all this without ever having taken on any private investment. I think in any organization you’d make sure to add jet fuel to what’s been succeeding.

Because I want to maintain some distance, I’ll let the team discuss particulars of Velo’s proposals if they wish (and Spearbit/Immunefi for theirs) – but I’d encourage anyone to look closely at the proposals to understand their intentions. These aren’t just handouts to the team.

1 Like