Grant Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 3

Council sub-committee: Builders

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Commitment

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0.34%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:
98% Delegates of Optimism DAO

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:
As an advocate of open communication and mutual feedback, I always share my voting rational on my delegate communication thread.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
I don’t have a project of my own on Optimism so my contribution could be seen as limited to some audience. Nonetheless, as I am quite active on OP Governance, here are few small one’s I would like to mention.

1. I was actively sharing my feedback on proposals during initial stage of our gov, when we were going through Phase 0.
  2. Lead DeFi Committee C
  3. Member of NFT committee
  4. After finding that Uni is seeking community feedback on their OP grant distribution, I shared my thought and they considered it. ([RFC] The Optimism-Uniswap Protocol Liquidity Mining Program - #9 by devinwalsh - Proposal Discussion - Uniswap Governance)
  5. I met Barbarossa (from Arrakis) and invited them to join our gov, they later submitted a grant proposal.
  6. Helped Tally in drafting their proposal ( Abstained from voting)
  7. Contributed to OP manual - Pull request. Update manual.md by OPuserWasTaken · Pull Request #13 · ethereum-optimism/OPerating-manual · GitHub
  8. Created a flow chart for season 2 and later a zk-based badge (on Sisimo) for season 2 committee members
  9. Contributed to almost all proposals on this forum, in one way or another.
  10. Along with DeFiLatam Team, contributed towards updating OP manual.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

As a pseudo anon this is little weird but here are few points.

As tradi-fi dev moving towards biz-dev and product management, I have seen and lead couple of end-to-end product development, so I understand bits and pieces of a project development, their complexity and challenges.

No solidity experience but I am following and reading about web3 space from past couple of year, both personally and professionally, so I am comfortable with most web3 ecosystem.

Did you serve on a committee in Season 2? If so, please specify which:

DeFi Committee C
NFT committee

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:
Professionally, I have been on both side of grant, receiving and granting, with only difference is that web3 space is moving at an insane speed compare to tradifi.

Deep understanding on Optimism ecosystem.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee:

1. Learned a lot about distributed communication/co-ordination from my participation in season 2 committee.
  2. After reading all most all proposals on this forum, I am quite comfortable with reviewing a proposal based on its merit.
  3. As I am part of this gov from beginning, I have the full context on what type of funding was approved, their impact, drawback and scope of improvement. This is quite important as I can apply those learning on upcoming proposals.
  4. Not related to any project so my views not biased towards anyone.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

It wont be perfect, we just completed two seasons with some good and bad use of grant but we can apply those learning to build something new and better.

1. Clear timeline, short duration and KPI based proposals.
  2. From reviewer side, willingness to work in tandem with protocol.
    Foundation is working on iteration and i would like to see the same approach applied when doing the fund allocation, distribution of fund in small amount to fund and support as many proposals as possible.

What types of grant applications would you like to see or what RFPs would you create? This should incorporate your view on what the Optimism ecosystem needs to prioritize right now.

1. Measurable, focus on short duration. Do, learn, and iterate
  2. Privacy related project. (DeFi or P2P)
  3. Building on/around LSD
  4. Project working on Digital Identity.
  5. Tool and infra on Optimism.
  6. With low transaction cost and OP stack, i believe on chain gaming will see some traction, metaverse is another domain that i am really excited about and would love to see some innovation around it.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:
None, I am not related to any project in any way.
Happy to answer any query.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the delegate code of conduct : Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 3: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit 12 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes

4 Likes