This post is old and has been archived, please visit the Grants Council landing page for information on how to apply for a Governance Fund grant.
This category is open for submissions! To apply for funding, follow the instructions below.
What is the Governance Fund?
5.4% of the total initial token supply (231,928,234 OP) will be distributed to Optimism projects and communities via the Governance Fund. The goal of the Governance Fund is to empower the OP community to proactively incentivize future growth of projects and communities in the Optimism ecosystem. You can read more about the total allocation of OP in the Allocations section of our Governance docs.
During Phase 1, any project on Optimism can submit a forum proposal to request any amount of OP tokens. The proposal must include a plan for how the tokens will incentivize growth on Optimism. Proposals will be reviewed and voted on by OP token holders and their delegates using process outlined in the Operating Manual.
How to apply for funding
To submit a proposal, follow the process outlined in the Operating Manual.
- Draft a proposal for your project.
- Share the proposal in #gov-temp-check on Discord for community feedback.
- After incorporating feedback, post your proposal on this Forum for feedback from delegates. Use the template below and include
[DRAFT] [GF: Phase 1] PROJECT_NAMEin your title.
- When you’re ready to submit the proposal for a vote, update [DRAFT] to [READY]. The proposal will be added to Snapshot during the next two-week voting cycle. The first voting cycle for GovFund Phase 1 proposals will begin on June 23, 2022.
- If your proposal is passed, the Optimism Foundation will distribute the approved funding. Note the Foundation may be in touch to collect additional information from your project in order to execute the grant.
Please use this Grant Proposal Template