[GF: Phase 0 Proposal] Hop Protocol

I have a suspicion that guy kind of is another bridge saying something, but I don’t feel the decentralization argument they made holds much merit. I don’t quite see how that increases centralization and if it does, it’s incredibly marginal. Projects becoming partners is very common in crypto and more OP will be used as grants to increase adoption of L2 DeFi. Very excited for the future.

Those that care about decentralization do not use centralized exchanges unless absolutely necessary and certainly not as a bridge alone. It is useful when you are able to on ramp fiat directly to an L2 network for sure though.

Many are bringing up the existence of a native bridge as a counter-argument. Hop is going to be very important in bridging Optimism to the greater L2 ecosystem. Let’s face it Hop is gonna be able to connect us to the wider Ethereum ecosystem faster and better than building individual native bridges will. Anyone who’s used Hop knows how awesome the UX is. I think it’s in our best interest to build infra for moving between rollups quickly without users touching main chain - hop is our best option.

NIce protocol, love the UX/UI .

I think this proposal is very good, not to mention that OP’s quick deposit is very mature now. I don’t understand why HOP still has the cheek to apply for OP

I do agree with proprosal.

idea is very nice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

nice i agree with this

Some thing big is coming infuses… Just wanted to say more success…

love this proposal great idea

I agree with this idea .

interesting proposal, even better if we can pit the bridge protocols against each other and see who can help to bridge more value INTO Optimism.

ie the top bridge protocol 1 million $OP and the second 500K $OP and third 250 $OP and so on.

哈哈哈哈,支持。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。:rofl: :rofl:

Good idea, great bridge with low fees

Good proposal, nothing to be added. This should encourage user.

Agreed. I use Hop every week.

Op and Hop are my best airdrops , i support and highly recommend both

low fees, quick and easy to use

Well Hop has been there from close to the start w/ Optimism, so i’m a yes

Even with a lot of criticism, Hop is a great project with powerful tech and hardworking people behind. Hop always puts their users at first. I am an active users, and I know even their core members are so upfront to help every user who encounters problems in their transactions. You can always get someone to help you on their Discord. I use bridge product quite a lot, and none of my transitions ever failed with Hop. After experiencing different bridge products, I realized Hop is the most trustworthy bridge with the easiest UI, lowest fees and most bridge options. I didn’t use Hop chasing airdrop, it is just the best. Don’t judge a project by hearsay, use it yourself. I highly recommend it!