Future Citizenship Selection Criteria

Just want to ditto the concerns shared by @OPUser , they feel like incredibly valid points.

They have already covered what an attestation should focus on, but I would also add that a regen based score should be composed of actions that help the ecosystem improve despite no positive monetary impact for the user. I see a lot of attestations here that are simply about holding a portfolio of tokens (NCT, UBI,KLIMA, GIV, GTC, Membership Shares for Metacartel/Meta Gamma, BCT was proposed), and most concerningly these seem to be right now based on dollar value held. Having a quick look at coingecko, none of these tokens are even on Optimism mainnet, with some (KLIMA, BCT) not being even on Ethereum Mainnet but Polygon PoS.

Keeping these tokens introduces a speculative and pay-to-score element which doesn’t sit well with what Regen means to me personally. I understand that these are seen as positive tokens by the authors , as many of the alliance members of this mission are part of those projects, but I would not be comfortable supporting the holding and buying of tokens on other networks as an attestation for the citizens house.

The citizens house is supposed to stand against the plutocratic nature of the token house, and using these kind of attestations could backfire ( a point previously also brought up by Jack ) by adding a proxy for plutocratic control.

6 Likes